Favorite Paul Newman Performance

Tools    

This is a pretty impressive resume to narrow down to a single performance, I know and it wasn't easy for me either. I have to give shout-outs to Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and Cool hand Luke, but if I have to pick a single performance, I think I have to go with The Verdict.

Slap Shot

Oh hands down it's Cool Hand Luke. I think it's a nigh on perfect film. One mans fight against the establishment no matter how much hurt he can sustain. Paul Newman never looked more sexy, the charisma of the guy leaps from the screen. I love this film!

I'd have to say The Hustler. His costar, Piper Laurie is a big reason why his performance and the movie is so memorable.

On the hand I could easily go with Cool Hand Luke,Cat on a Hot Tin Roof or The Long Hot Summer.

I haven't seen, The Verdict.

Here are my top five.

1. Cool Hand Luke (1967)
2. The Hustler (1961)
3. Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958)
4. The Color of Money (1986)
5. The Sting (1973)

I know he plays the same character in The Hustler and The Color of Money, but they're two very different performances.

I'd have to say The Hustler. His costar, Piper Laurie is a big reason why his performance and the movie is so memorable.

On the hand I could easily go with Cool Hand Luke,Cat on a Hot Tin Roof or The Long Hot Summer.

I haven't seen, The Verdict.
Any self-respecting Paul Newman fan needs to see The Verdict...you won't be sorry.

1-Butch cassisldy & The Sundance Kid
2-The Verdict
3-The Sting
4-Color of Money
5-Absence of Malice

1- Cool Hand Luke
2- Hombre
3- The Hustler
4- The Color Of Money
5- Somebody Up There Likes Me
6- Hud
7- Nobody's Fool
8- The Verdict
9- Cat On A hot Tin Roof
10 Road To Perdition

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Ive seen them all but cool hand look without a doubt. The story is absolutely my thing and so is the music,

AND SO IS PAUL NEWMAN

Oops, sorry for squealing, Gideon

Going by the performances I think are his best, and not necessarily which films are my favorites...

1. Hud (1963)
2. The Hustler (1961)
3. Cool Hand Luke (1967)
4. The Verdict (1982)
5. Nobody's Fool (1994)
6. The Life & Times of Judge Roy Bean (1972)
7. Cat On a Hot Tin Roof (1958)
8. The Sting (1973)
9. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969)
10. The Color of Money (1986)
11. Paris Blues (1961)
12. Hombre (1967)

"Boy, I got vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
- Butch (Paul Newman), Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
1969, screenplay by William Goldman, directed by George Roy Hill
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

cuz if we are talkin' movies, there's only 1 answer.

Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid.