Movies You Most Regret Having Spoiled For Yourself

Tools    

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Question: What is one movie that was spoiled for you that you wish you would've been able to see first. (Try to leave some disclosure on spoilers, especially for newer films.)

Before I watched Split a few weeks back, I remember accidentally stumbling across a pivotal moment in the narrative that would have surprised the hell out of me if I had found out about it in the theater. Instead, when I watched the film, I left thinking it was an alright film with a great performance from McAvoy, but, other-wise, was rather run-of-the-mill.

Very Minor Spoiler about the Evil Dead remake: (highlight to read) It made me think back to the Evil Dead remake, which had a throwaway after-credit scene with Ash. I remember after I left the theater, I was actually shaking because how excited seeing Ash made me. He didn't even do anything, but I had wanted Bruce Campbell to reprise his role so badly that it fueled my enthusiasm. I remember my friends were the same way and we spent most the way home from the theater talking about that specific scene in-particular.

I left the theater thinking the Evil Dead remake was this really bad-ass film, but, when I watched it again, aside from a few moments that stayed cool, it wasn't really as great as I remembered and I noticed more problems with it. A lot of that is just to be expected with a second-time viewing of any film, but that doesn't change the fact that I left the theater really happy and enthused, and that added surprise had a lot to do with it.

I also had Fight Club spoiled for me beforehand. (Still really like it.) Had Sixth Sense spoiled for me. (I think losing that might've ruined Sixth Sense for me.)

Kumiko, i always run trough the whole thing with the DVR to check if the whole things was on. I caught the ending by accident.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
A friend of mine in school ruined The Sixth Sense.

Rosie O'Donnell ruined Fight Club

Scary Movie ruined The Usual Suspects

Another friend at school ruined Scarface

IMDB ruined Split, Lost & Game of Thrones

Suspect's Reviews

The Bib-iest of Nickels
In a different medium, I had a friend ruin the end to Batman: Arkham City (one of my all-time favorite video-games) and someone else ruined The Walking Dead video-game (never finished it as a result).

I will always remember the day I barged into my flatmate's room and uttered a fateful :

Oh, great, you're watching that Simpsons episode where **** shoots Mr. Burns!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
The day Terminator 2 came out a half baked wannabee film critic put the twist in the dog dayum headline. I could have killed that piece of filth. As you can see, I'm still ropable about it.

I will always remember the day I barged into my flatmate's room and uttered a fateful :

Oh, great, you're watching that Simpsons episode where **** shoots Mr. Burns!
hahaha. Where people actually wrapped up in the mystery? Obviously this is with hindsight but Oakley & Weinstein set out to make fun of stuff like "who shot JR?" so it's funny that people got into it. They actually planned on making it Barney and having him taken off the show, they also made the ending with various different characters as the shooter so the staff other than those two and Harry Shearer were the only ones that knew.

For me the big spoiler someone just gave away in casual conversation was concerning Bruce Willis' character in The Sixth Sense.

A movie review gave away too much about Cloverfield for me.

hahaha. Where people actually wrapped up in the mystery? Obviously this is with hindsight but Oakley & Weinstein set out to make fun of stuff like "who shot JR?" so it's funny that people got into it. They actually planned on making it Barney and having him taken off the show, they also made the ending with various different characters as the shooter so the staff other than those two and Harry Shearer were the only ones that knew.
Cool, I didn't know that, and still I consider it to be the most memorable episode in the entire show. I'll check the alternate endings tonight.

To be honest, I didn't even realise I was blundering after spoiling it twice in a row. You should have seen the look on their faces : one of my mates was horrified (he was showing the other what he considered to be a classic), and the other one went from curiosity to disappointment in a fraction of second.

So, it was a bit like that :

And to this day I'm a bit about it.

A priceless moment.

I watched Frozen knowing the villain twist. Still like the film.
I watched Star Wars IX having been spoiled regarding something that happens to a certain character. Also managed to enjoy the film.

(Edit: should've said Star Wars VII, not IX)

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
The Sixth Sense

Account terminated on request
'Google' images spoiled Citizen Kane for me.
I was lucky back in the early 80's when I saw it in college that I had never heard of Rosebud and its meaning. Now, everyone seems to know what it is. Minor thing perhaps...
They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

Account terminated on request
A friend of mine in school ruined The Sixth Sense.
Death penalty. I'll offer to help. Good grief, that's a real loss!!!!!! I'm sorry man....

Rosie O'Donnell ruined Fight Club
Death penalty, by public caning.

Scary Movie ruined The Usual Suspects
I could live with it.

Another friend at school ruined Scarface
I don't know if there's anything in there that could be that spoiled. At least as I see it....others probably see differently.

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect;1672369IMDB ruined [B
Split, Lost & Game of Thrones[/b]
GoT might have really irked me some.

Noteworthy Mention:

I wish someone had spoiled the last episode of The Sopranos for me and saved me some aggravation.

I don't know if there's anything in there that could be that spoiled. At least as I see it....others probably see differently.
WARNING: "scarface" spoilers below
Just that he dies at the end.

Can't find a place to watch Se7en with Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman, so I read the plot and watched the final ending on YouTube.... Still kinda wanna watch it but I think I ruined it for myself

Might I suggest you tag that or something?

(Fortunately, I've already seen Scarface)

Might I suggest you tag that or something?

(Fortunately, I've already seen Scarface)
Thought about it, since it's so old I didn't.

Better safe than sorry.

You might need to edit your quote.