Nurse Betty

→ in
Tools    

Female assassin extraordinaire.
Morgan Freeman, Renee Zellweger, Chris Rock ... how can you go wrong?!

Very humorous dark comedy with a serious touch of humanity. Some may not be prepared for some of the shocking violence though - they are both sudden and surprising scenes that fit with the story but both of which you WON'T be prepared for. You might want to watch it before you let your kids see it, I don't suggest bringing them with you cause, well, there are some bloody scenes.

These aren't central to the film though. They are actually just "world of the absurd", make sense with the plot, but are ment to be foils to the bright and hopeful innocence of Betty (Zellweger).

Zellweger does a great job as a cracked woman seeing only the up side of life even as she knows it hasn't been too good to her. Which is why you root for her to get her own and are always on her side ...

You know, the thing about Zellweger that I realized when I saw her in Jerry Maguire, is that she has one of these faces that makes you RESPOND. I mean, if she squints her eyes, you do too. If she smiles, you do too. If she tries to hold back from crying while baring her soul and gets choked up, you do too ... I don't know, maybe it's a female thing. Believe me, I tried to fight it but I just like this kid so much I can't help it. So, this is a movie that does a GREAT job with that way she has about her. You'll know what I mean when you see the effect she has on people in the movie.

Just read an article on her in Vanity Fair. Interviewer found she had a great big Texan heart and a laugh to go with it ... And no matter what I've seen her do on screen, you always see it in her there too.

Can't forget Morgan Freeman ... he was loveably "loose" in this film. I like him as a bad guy, even then he has ethics and manners. As for Chris Rock, loud as usual but he provides comic relief.

What you said about Renee Zellwatzgajinga (whatever her name is) really hit the spot - she is a very normal looking person...not some huge glamorous star...I think thats why she's really "catching on."

And yes, I have heard of the oddly-placed violence in this film...if anyone cares, you can read more about its violent content on ScreenIt.com.

Didn't see it.
Very funny, very dark. I loved it.

Didn't see it.
I'm surprised more people didn't see "Nurse Betty." It was really good. I'll be buying the DVD when it comes available.

The best part about his whole movie was the guy who played George McFly in Back to the Future Part 1. At the end when, they are in the gun fight in the apartment he yells....."no mike you shut up!" and waves his finger.
this is an exact replication of when he yells "No Biff, you shut up!" in Back To the future...
I was the only guy in the theatre who caught that.
I was on my feet cheering.. haha.

http://www.comiccanvas.com

I loved this film! Reene was awesome, best performance of her career! So far it's on my top 5 movies of the year list. I can't wait untill the DVD comes out.

I absolutely LOVED this movie...Freeman and Zellweger are just magical here. A very clever screenplay helps as well. I can watch this movie over and over again and never tire of it.