Movies we love, with stars we hate

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I know that most people don't agree with me, but I'm not a fan of Tom Cruise. In fact, I find him rather annoying most of the time, but I just finished watching Edge of Tomorrow, and I loved it. I wasn't really planning to watch it but it sounded like a really good premise, it's been getting great reviews, and hubby wanted to see it, so everything just seemed to be pushing me to see it.

But it made me curious about this. Most people have some actors who they hate, and they try to avoid any movies with those actors, but sometimes you just end up seeing them anyway.

Have you ever seen a movie that you loved with an actor that you hate?

Singin in the Rain...great film but I don't care for Debbie Reynolds.
Usually she strikes me as condescending in her films, with a looking down her noise attitude.

But there is no actor I 'hate' just some that I don't care for on screen.

Boys On The Side is an emotional rollercoaster for me.

Thankfully someone's cropped the rest of that frame.

Boys On The Side is an emotional rollercoaster for me.

Thankfully someone's cropped the rest of that frame.
I quite liked that movie, haven't thought about it in a long time.

Lord High Filmquisitor
I mentioned this in another thread, but Peggy Sue Got Married with Nicholas Cage.

Also, Stranger than Fiction with Will Farrel (also Megamind, but he seems to be more consistant with his voice-over work, so this, to me, is less surprising).

The only actor off the top of my head that i actually dislike is Ryan Reynolds, and there's not one movie that i like with him in it.
Assuming you've seen Blue Valentine... how could you not love that? That movie tore me up man. He was also the best part of (an admittedly flawed) Place Beyond the Pines. He was the perfect figure for Drive. What don't you like about him?

Assuming you've seen Blue Valentine... how could you not love that? That movie tore me up man. He was also the best part of (an admittedly flawed) Place Beyond the Pines. He was the perfect figure for Drive. What don't you like about him?

You are getting Ryan Reynolds confused with Ryan Gosling. Gosling was in Crazy Stupid Love, Murder by Numbers, Blue Valentine and Place Beyond the Pines. Reynolds was in Buried, Just Friends, The Proposal, Green Lantern, Safe House, and The Amityville Horror.

Love them both, but I love Ryan Reynolds more. Probably just because he's better looking

I love Donnie Darko even though Drew Barrymore is a significant presence in the film

"#GAMEOVER420BLAZIT" -bluedeed

I can't figure out the Multi-Quote feature, so I'll do it the hard way:

"I love The Talented Mr. Ripley despite the presence of Gwyneth Paltrow, who I can't stand."

I like Gwyneth Paltrow

"Not a fan of Russell Crowe but he's done some good movies..."

Russell 'Mr Mumbles' Crowe, I don't like him either.

"I love Donnie Darko even though Drew Barrymore is a significant presence in the film"

I like Drew, I liked Donnie Darko...but she wasn't a good choice for that film.