homicide : life on the street

Tools    

Female assassin extraordinaire.
can anyone (laurie?) tell me if/when

homicide : life on the street

will be available on DVD?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I tried finding some info for ya, but no luck. Sorry..
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

raow ... no hope? thanks though! much appreciated.

Now With Moveable Parts
I want the Sopranos. Or Curb Your Enthusism... just the first season(s). Any idea when those will be available?

Guy
Originally posted by sadesdrk
I want the Sopranos. Or Curb Your Enthusism... just the first season(s). Any idea when those will be available?
Sopranos Season One IS available for many months now! Season Two was just released today actually! Go buy them!

While season sets of "Homicide: Life on the Street" aren't currently available on DVD, the last episode of the series, where Lt. Giardello is gunned down while making a speach in Bal'mer's Harbor Place, is on R1 DVD. They called the last episode simply "Homicide: the Movie". The retail price is $24.99 and it was released in May of 2001.

"Homicide" was a great show, and I'm not saying that just because I'm a Baltimoron - though it does showcase the unique look and feel of this city...even with the dead bodies. I'd buy season sets in a heartbeat.

As for Larry David's fantastic "Curb Your Enthusiasm" (HBO), there is only one season. They are currently broadcasting the second season and are about six episodes in.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Never saw this show, but it looked worth watching. The time slot it had didn't agree with me.

Hey Holden, you don't have an Avatar selected...you outta get one...I've got a man with a bag on his head if you want it. LOL...or a mad cow...Pick one man...or I can get more...

Yeah, keep an eye out: sometimes you can get an error message, but not notice it. Happens to me sometimes. I think I set it to allow 70x70, or smaller, though. I'm gonna upload a few avatars for people to select from...just standard, miscellaneous stuff for now.

70x70!? I might go to using my Kenny then...LOL....

EDIT - Oh..sham shame..we're getting off topic...LOL...that's what the glorious new PM is for....YAY!!!

stuff like that will happen. I went to use one the other day and it kept clearing the field when I clicked submit. So I just opened the page in another window, tried again, and it worked.

Sorry haven't been here in awhile. Homicide TV series is in pre-pro right now. If I remember right, the first season set is due out in May of 2002.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

That's great news. The first season is still probably my favorite, and I will definitely be making that purchase (and the rest of the seasons too when they're available).

thanks all!

this was for a friend overseas who loved the show and wanted me to get it for him. will send the info along.

as for avatars ... hmm, i saw all of your original avatars before you guys even had this discussion ... i never had a problem seeing them. what's up?

My first post in this thread at 11:00am last Thursday didn't show my Avatar. Once I got it working shortly thereafter it put it in all of my posts. If you had been looking at this thread at 11:05am on Thursday, I didn't have an Avatar.

That's what's up.

For all "Homicide: Life on the Street" fans or just those curious who may have missed it during its '93-'99 run, this coming Thursday - Thanksgiving Day, Court TV is running an all-day marathon of this great show. You'll have to have access to cable or a satellite that carries Court TV, but if you do there's plenty of crimes to be solved and entertained by while you're eating your turkey and watching your Uncle get drunker and sleepier.

So until the show is released on DVD, you can get a good fix and run some tapes this Thanksgiving Day.

This thread is nearly seven years old now, but for the record the entire series, "Homicide: Life On the Street" (1993-1999), is now available on R1 DVD. The seven seasons are available as separate sets or in one huge collection that comes in a mock-up of a filing cabinet.

That's outstanding. Me and the old man love that show. They cost an arm and a leg brand new though. I hope they come down on the price a bit form the individual season prices. I realize they are pretty reasonable on Amazon but my dad won't buy stuff from there. He works in a store and he likes to be able to just take it with him and exchange it the next day if there is something wrong with it. We only have the first three seasons now so it will be interesting to see if this means that the other single seasons will be a little more available as well. Because he's been waiting for them to show up for quite awhile now.