Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes-8/10
The Taking of Deborah Logan-this movie was pretty dumb. 4/10

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Rubber (2010)

This actually had a lot of potencial! The concept was original and it could turn into one of those so-bad-it's-good-movies. However, it's only a so-bad-it's-bad... As a short could really work, though!

Yet, I rate it 5/10 for the originality, but has a movie is probably a 1/10!

------------------------

La science des rêves aka The science of sleep (2006)

This movie has serious storyline problems! The plot is a mess and you can never understand what's going on! Still, I loved the animation parts, it has an attractive atmosphere, and I liked Gainsbourg!

7/10

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

You can't fight in here! This is the war room!

This movie was fantastic. I have been waiting sooo long to see another perfect movie. This movie is quite possibly flawless. I wasn't sold on it being a comedy for the first 20 min, but when it picks up, this movie is hilarious. The one flaw I initially had with the movie was the ending. But I did some research and found out the whole back story of the pie fight and the Kennedy assassination. It's a shame really because with that ending, the movie would have been "complete." I'm hoping when I pick up the re-release on blu-ray the scene gets added.
I don't know what else to say besides this movie is near perfection.

Rare images from the final (deleted) scene.
http://www.bfi.org.uk/news-opinion/n...tard-pie-fight

"#GAMEOVER420BLAZIT" -bluedeed

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

You can't fight in here! This is the war room!

This movie was fantastic. I have been waiting sooo long to see another perfect movie. This movie is quite possibly flawless. I wasn't sold on it being a comedy for the first 20 min, but when it picks up, this movie is hilarious. The one flaw I initially had with the movie was the ending. But I did some research and found out the whole back story of the pie fight and the Kennedy assassination. It's a shame really because with that ending, the movie would have been "complete." I'm hoping when I pick up the re-release on blu-ray the scene gets added.
I don't know what else to say besides this movie is near perfection.

Rare images from the final (deleted) scene.
http://www.bfi.org.uk/news-opinion/n...tard-pie-fight
I agree! One of the funniest and most amazing films I've ever seen!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
The only part of Strangelove I found funny was the disobedient hand at the end.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I've been watching a few horror movies for Halloween lately. Of course I had to watch the original Halloween (1978), but this time on Blu-Ray and it was fantastic. Haven't got through all the extras yet.

I've watched a couple of films I haven't seen. The first is Return of the Vampire (1944), starring Bela Lugosi as a (drum roll) vampire, although not his famous Count Dracula. This time, instead, he is Armand Tesla, who is killed when a British professor drives a stake through his heart. The stake is left in, and Tesla's body is still intact. However, the London Blitz unearths his coffin and a couple of inept graveyard workers pull out the stake, reviving the count. What follows is a not-bad atmospheric Universal-type horror movie (albeit made by MGM) that is okay as long as you don't take it too seriously. Tesla's aide in evil doings is a werewolf named Andreas, who is a good actor named Matt Willis, who unfortunately looks like a scruffy puppy when he's a werewolf. More like something out of a Three Stooges short. Anyway, not bad if you've got nothing else to do. Here's the "werewolf" if you want a snicker:

The second one was much better. It was Torture Garden (1967), starring Burgess Meredith, Peter Cushing, and Jack Palance, among others. It's one of the Amicus Films anthology releases that were popular in the late 60's and early to mid 70's. Tales From the Crypt (1972) is my favorite of the bunch but this one was very good. Meredith is the showman of a sideshow exhibit where he coaxes a handful of people into "looking into the shears of the Fate named Atropos," a seemingly wax woman who holds said shears and the people each see what may come to be in their future...so very much like the Tales From the Crypt movie. Each tale is fun and the actors are game no matter how far-fetched the tales are. And that's the fun of it: that they're far-fetched and you can just sit back and enjoy them one-by-one.

The Lion King (Roger Allers, Rob Minkoff, 1994)

I was thirteen when this movie was released and going through an anti-animation phase, so I didn't watch it then. I saw it at some point later in my teen years and absolutely hated it, but then I was still not fan of animation at that point. I thought I'd give it a try now that my tastes have changed.

Well, I didn't hate it. I might have actually liked it if any of the characters were actually funny and if they didn't break into song every few minutes, but as it stands the only character I liked was Scar (except when he was singing) and the movie didn't improve much for me on rewatch.

-

Also, Fun Lion Fact: Nala is Simba's sister (or at the very least his cousin if we allow for the possibility that Scar could be her father. Also their mothers are probably sisters or otherwise related). In lion prides, when a male (or sometimes two or three brothers working together) takes over a pride, they kill the existing cubs and father new ones - with all of the females. So if Mufasa was the only reigning male, he would have fathered all of the cubs in the pride, including Nala.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
The only part of Strangelove I found funny was the disobedient hand at the end.
I thought it was a hilarious work, and arguably one of the best satirical Cold War pokes in American film. Kubrick was a genius when it came to black comedy with political overtones (A Clockwork Orange and Barry Lyndon being the two other examples), and this is no exception. I thought it was a wonderful critique of the establishment and the overall barbarity and irony surrounding the nuclear threat.

Welcome to the human race...
Nah, they understand it just fine. It's just that it's not funny.
As someone who has Strangelove in their top 20, I have to agree. I'm always reminded of something Michael J. Nelson wrote about the film and how its comedy doesn't inspire genuine laughter so much as snorts and nods that signify "I get the joke here". It's clever, sure, but I don't consider it laugh-out-loud.

La Notte (1961)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

The Purge (2013)

Well, the premise had lot of potential but it could be a lot better executed... There are some good elements, like the jealous neighbours or the crazy boyfriend but in general this is not good!

4/10

the ruins.
takes to long to get going,concentrates to much on building character profiles, a lower budget film relieing to much on viewer pyschology instead of squeezing more use out of their budget.

however if bored,its watchable.