Searching for Vin Diesel

Tools    

Female assassin extraordinaire.
Ok, actually I'm not searching for HIM and not even for websites on him, just for 2 films he made and if you've seen them or know where to find them, tell me!

This guy is scrumptious but even more scrumptious is the fact that he wrote and directed two indies:

Multi-Facial (short)
Strays

The first of which got Steven Spielberg's recognition, which was why he got a little role written just for him to get blown up in Saving Private Ryan. I know all this cause I've recently done a lot of searching, so don't shake your head at me!

On imdb.com some guy had seen them both and had nothing but rave reviews for both the quality of the film (witty and intelligent writing, sensitive, etc) and the director (guy was impressed with Diesel's thoughtfulness, intelligence, etc after seeing the interview with the director after watching Multi-Facial.)

If you've seen either of these, post your opinions/info here on his performance and what happened.

If you know where I can buy these, tell me! I thought the sundance channel would show it cause they handle the indies but no cigar and the indie stores i've visited online don't have it.

I really want to see what the fuss is about and yes, I have a crush on him.

I can tell. You and sunfrog are always commenting on celebrities of the opposite sex.

I have not seen those two movies, but he played a very interesting character in "Pitch Black" - a movie that was good, but could have been a lot better.

[Edited by TWTCommish on 10-19-2000]

Unfortunately, Multi-Facial (1994) and Strays (1997) were never released to video in rental or direct sale format. Since both are indie films and neither have ever been marketed, I'd suggest finding out who Vin's agent is and seeing if he/she has a promotional copy of the films available. To find his agent, you can contact Dreamworks and ask for the casting director who did Saving Private Ryan. That person should be able to get you an address, phone number, or email address for Diesel's agent. Don't ask me how I know all this, just trust me.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

hmm, if I talk to his agent will Vin at some point know there is a freak out there trying to get a hold of his movies??

i may meet him someday who knows, don't want to scare him away .

will mull on the advice you gave and decide whether to pursue...

lol. As long as you approach the agent professionally, you shouldn't have any problems.

Vin's Managers are Stacy Boniello and Aaron Ray.

Aaron Ray has worked both in the movie and music business. He has worked with Ice Cube and Enrique Iglesias.

ahh, wonderful. and now that I know his manager's names ... how do I find their contact info? go through the steps Laurie mentioned?

Hurry! Go to eBay!
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...item=509869616

Short 5: Diversity: New and Sealed DVD. Vin Diesel's 20 minute short film "Multi-facial" that brought him to the attention of Steven Spielberg who cast him in "Saving Private Ryan". Also includes 5 minute interview with Vin. He has also since worked on "Iron Giant" "Pitch Black" and "Boiler Room". DVD also includes four additional short films (Silent Rain In The Ninth, Buy My Film, That Strange Person, and The Job), as well as a documentary short about contemporary jazz cellist, Erik Friedlander. Total running time is 137 minutes. No Reserve. Winning bid pays s/h of $3.50. Acceptable forms of payment are money order and personal check. I also accept paypal, use the link on the auction page. Will wait for check to clear to send item. Insurance is extra and optional (.85).

Ends in one hour!

Be careful. Make sure it's region compatible.

and the sweet sweet irony is ... i have no DVD player. i'm waiting to by my PSX 2 next year when the hype and the price goes down. it includes a DVD player so I have no intention of buying one now ... sigh...

thanks though.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I saw Multi-Facial--it was a while back, but I remember it was interesting to see VD (great initials, lol) showcase his acting talents pre-leading man. Also, I think there was mention of his questionable race and how that affected his roles. I would like to see it again...