Japan Animation what do you recommend

Tools    

I really liked Ninja Scroll, Akira, Ghost in the Shell and I recently watched a enjoyed The Sky Crawlers. What films are shot in this style that you would recommend. Cowboy bebop was another good one as well.

They're nothing like the ones you mention, but from Japan I really like Spirited Away and Grave of the Fireflies.

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Spirited Away is breathtaking. If you're getting into Japanese Animation (or Anime), I would definitely recommend checking out anything by Studio Ghibli, or to be even more precise, Hayao Miyazaki. Spirited Away and My Neighbour Totoro are two of my favourites.

Rurouni Kenshin for a series.

Don't forget Grave of the Fireflies (it is incredibly sad though).

thanks for the suggestions everything that's been mentioned is now on my too see list

They're nothing like the ones you mention, but from Japan I really like Spirited Away and Grave of the Fireflies.

OMG!!! I soooo LOOOOOVVVEE Graveyard of the Fireflies!!! It was the most touching anime movie I have ever seen...

Also, here is a sample to test your interest;

I own it and I love it. Go buy it Berserk DVD Set, it's mini-series

Thanks....at the end......reminded me of Books of Revelation.....when I watched that final Berserk... scare the **** out of me.

Bleach Movies are good.

Princess mononoke is pretty good

Nausicaa of the valley wind

Laputa: Castle in the sky

My neighbour Totoro

Some that i love Cowboy Bebop is awesome too. And im sure theres more, i just dont remember the names lol!

Spirited away is by far one of my faves though.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im not really into Anime tbh but I did enjoy Afro Samuri have you seen it? Also I dont know if this counts but the Animatrix?

1. akira

the rest in no particular order:

ninja scroll
arcadia of my youth
urutsukidoji aka legend of the overfiend
paprika
macross the movie: do you remember love?
robot carnival
memories
dagger of kamui
horus: the little norse prince
steamboy
space adventure cobra
neo tokyo
whisper of the heart
royal space force: the wings of honneamise
gundam 0079 (trilogy: kind of star-trekish melodrama)
ponyo
millennium actress
sailor moon s: the movie
only yesterday

i just kind of wrote them in the order i thought of them, i could name a lot more but i haven't watched many of these movies in a long time.

I really liked Ninja Scroll, Akira, Ghost in the Shell and I recently watched a enjoyed The Sky Crawlers. What films are shot in this style that you would recommend. Cowboy bebop was another good one as well.
Vampire Hunter D. Both movies, but watch the older one first. Also, Animatrix, though I think it's technically American animation.

Also, Animatrix, though I think it's technically American animation.
at least some were made by Japanese animators

berserk
perfect blue
princes mononoke
+1

Here's to add:
porco roso
samurai x (much better than series i think)
samurai champlu (same maker cowboybebop)
beserk series
full metal alchemist series

bleach movies
afro samurai
-1, didn't agree with these.

if you want to find series to watch, here is a massive top 10 bottom 5 thread http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/...asc&start=1335

Ok, there are a lot of good series.
Some animés are:

Death Note (One of my favorites). It's more of a detective story, but it's incredibly well made animé.
Bleach. But unfortunatly, it's only until it get's main stream.
Naruto. Though it's in the same position as Bleach.

Some movies I recommend is:
Sword of the Stranger. A good really movie that isn't animated. It looks like it, but it's compleatly drawn.
Haoru's Moving Castle. <--- Original Title, other title Howl's Moving Castle. Good movie, that's full of unexpected things.
Spirited Away. How can you not have this one on the list? It could be the best movie I've recommended so far.
Hope you like some of them =)