What was the last movie you saw at the theaters?

Tools    

I watched the book of Eli. What a film.Initially i did have a some doubt weather Denzell would suit this role. However he has exceeded my expectations again. He was brilliant. What a film. One to watch

Woohoo!! My alltime favorite, West Side Story! The Brattle Theatre, in Cambridge, MA, had 4 screenings yesterday. I attended the two evening screenings; the 6:00 screening with three friends of mine, who enjoyed themselves and the film greatly, and the 9:00 screening by myself. I'm clearly what's called a fanatic, but I enjoyed myself and the film tremendously, as usual.

To paraphrase the MGM quote: "Unlike other classics, West Side Story grows younger".

Prior to seeing West Side Story, however, I saw Up in the Air, with George Clooney, which, while it was sort of cheesy, was enjoyable. George Clooney was good in that film, however.

The lovely bones..... meh

The last movie I saw would have to be Where The Wild Things Are. Shawn and I went, and I just found it so full of good childhood memories of the book, that I actually cried for like half the movie! It was SO CUTE!

the last movie i saw was new moon and 2012, those two are fantastic movies, now im looking for new movie to be watch.

there's a frog in my snake oil

A Prophet

The prison-survival flick of the year? Most likely. Pretty powerful stuff, with some real t-shirt-over-mouth tension and trauma in the first twenty minutes, followed by strong winds of inevitability swelling the low-key events along. But in this case the director has opted to have a bit of luck ride with our young protagonist, only you never know quite when it will arrive. Caught between Corsican and Arabic gangs, uneducated in most senses, he gets beaten with the short end of the stick often enough, but has the gumption to at least try and work on a long game.

I'm not always a great fan of serendipity as a plot-driver, but it is well-implemented here, and not the sole theme by any means. Perhaps it's the simplicity of some of the shots during certain lulls that's knocking 'points' off for me, or the familiarity of some of the screeds (learn to be a crim inside - learn about the value of life from illness and babies) despite the strong character builds that evolve. Either way, it's still got some novel visual and narrative twists on old trends, with a bit of contemporary Islamo-tension thrown in. Well worth a watch.

++

Avatar. My wife *never* wants to see a movie twice in the theater, but she wants to see it again just for the beauty of the scenery in the first hour. (After that of course there are no more surprises.)

My son can't wait to see Percy Jackson, so that's up for tomorrow.

Shutter Island

Yes, that's right: I took in two movies last night at the Portland International Film Festival, then went to a midnight screening of Scorsese's latest. What was I gonna do, wait?!? My complete review can be found in THIS thread.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Last movie that i watch in theatre is Avatar

Saw "Percy Jackson" with my son on Friday (he's a fan of the books). It's OK. Fairly standard writing, directing, and acting. The one standout is Uma Thurman as Medusa. Those eyes. I wonder how much was Uma acting and how much CGI.

We followed that up on Saturday, with the addition of two nieces, to see "Tooth Fairy." Well, OK. It's funny. Stephen Merchant is very goofy and droll ... the best part of the movie.

I recently saw Shutter Island, which was quite intense, and The Most Dangerous Man in America, which is a documentary about Daniel Ellsberg, who changed from hawk to dove when he saw the negative and devastating consequences of a war (meaning the Viet Nam War) that he helped plan and participate in.