Let's identify a 60s Euro road movie from stills

Tools    

This week I have become fascinated by an unknown film, one used to supply footage / clips for a fan-made pop video on YouTube (green grabs below). The NSFW video is a cover of Warm Leatherette and features test car crashes, old Playtex adverts as well as cuts from this very cool looking mystery film! Very interesting that the characters and plot I'm filling in myself may be nothing like the film itself...but I want to find and watch it anyway!

I left a message in the YT comments without hearing a reply so am using other techniques to ID the film.

I can't provide a link on my initial post but you can find the fan pop video by searching Velocity Star in YouTube

Thanks for any help you can offer...even if that's a clue gleaned from the available images.

As I say, I can't post a link in my first post - a spam safeguard

It is not Blast of Silence.

Here is the video the poster was referring to, if more footage will help somebody identify it...

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

As I say, I can't post a link in my first post - a spam safeguard
You can't post a link, but I'm pretty sure you can post the text of the link. We'll need to copy/paste it into our browser to see it.

I think the man is Conrad Phillips, but I'm still unable to find a movie that fits. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

Looks like Crash! a short from 1971 with J. G. Ballard.

Looks like Crash! a short from 1971 with J. G. Ballard.

Thanks so much! So pleased to find it.... I remember the fuss made about Cronenberg's film in the 90s but never heard about this earlier version.