Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
I watched about 25 minutes of this and turned it off:

The same here.
This movie presents in ten minutes, a fundamental enlightenment about the last decades regime in the western world + two hours video entertainment filler for the masses. Absolutely meaningless and boring action.

Bright Lights, Big City (1988)
I watched this about a year or so ago.
I remember seeing commercials for it when it first came out and thinking it was some kind of head-trip or sci-fi movie! (mostly because they featured dream sequences in the commercials).

But I never saw it until recently.

It's probably dated by today's standards, but since it featured a contemporary (I was around the same age as MJ Fox) parts of it were interesting. Plus it had Phoebe Cates (but as a kind of unlikable character)!

I watched this about a year or so ago.
I remember seeing commercials for it when it first came out and thinking it was some kind of head-trip or sci-fi movie! (mostly because they featured dream sequences in the commercials).

But I never saw it until recently.

It's probably dated by today's standards, but since it featured a contemporary (I was around the same age as MJ Fox) parts of it were interesting. Plus it had Phoebe Cates (but as a kind of unlikable character)!
Ohh, I'm so watching that movie!

On this subject, this 2010's Countdown is the ONLY reason I could have ever forced myself through 12 Years a Slave. Brilliant filmmaking in someways, but too gruesome for me to 5-star or include in my top 25.

The truth is in here
I'm actually more likely to 5-star a movie if it makes me feel so strongly about a subject, unless it's just poorly made. Harrowing experiences like that really puts you into the head of the struggles other people go through.

On this subject, this 2010's Countdown is the ONLY reason I could have ever forced myself through 12 Years a Slave. Brilliant filmmaking in someways, but too gruesome for me to 5-star or include in my top 25.
I thought it was a great movie... disturbing, gruesome, gut-wrenching, heart breaking, sure... for me, a movie that gets me to feel these things in a strong way is a good one!

P.S. Mentioned this bit of trivia once before, but did you know 12 Years a Slave was a movie version of a 1984 episode of American Playhouse where Avery Brooks played Solomon Northrup? Both were based on the same book.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088148..._flmg_eps_tt_1

To be honest, there are a lot of movies I quit on these days. Heck, sometimes I quit typing the middle of a

Mentioned this bit of trivia once before, but did you know 12 Years a Slave was a movie version of a 1984 episode of American Playhouse where Avery Brooks played Solomon Northrup? Both were based on the same book.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088148..._flmg_eps_tt_1
Didn't know that, but that's actually pretty cool.

The same here.
This movie presents in ten minutes, a fundamental enlightenment about the last decades regime in the western world + two hours video entertainment filler for the masses. Absolutely meaningless and boring action.
The entire idea of the modern take on Mad Max is to be like a cartoon that applies to adults, hence the storyboards being handled like an animated movie. It might have been overglossy, but the movie itself was not meaningless. In fact, the idea of the movie was to revive the post-apocalyptic desert genre by giving the fans more of what they originally loved about Mad Max, and upping the antes.

I'm not really a great fan of that movie but....if we judge a film on its intentions, isn't it the moral thing for a film about slavery to depict it as something that is gruesome and maybe even unbearable to watch?

I'm not really a great fan of that movie but....if we judge a film on its intentions, isn't it the moral thing for a film about slavery to depict it as something that is gruesome and maybe even unbearable to watch?

It makes rewatchability less possible. And it's not just from the desire not to see brutalized slavery, depicted or otherwise, it's like a movie that's so strong that you get the point the first time, and you don't need to see it again.

It makes rewatchability less possible. And it's not just from the desire not to see brutalized slavery, depicted or otherwise, it's like a movie that's so strong that you get the point the first time, and you don't need to see it again.
That's how I felt about 12 Years a Slave, I watched it once and wrote a review here at MoFo rating it
...but I don't want to rewatch it again, once was enough. Excellent movie and not just because of it's hard hitting true story....the directorial choices were all equally excellent.

Pinocchio (2022)

Don't get me wrong I thought the animation was charming but the songs were absolutely ****ing dreadful, it was kinda freaking me out

Also I didn't like that Ewan McGregor did the voice of the cricket and narration because I'm thinking all the time, that's Ewan McGregor .. if that makes sense

I might like this... If I was ****ing 8 years old and liked shitty songs