Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I know a lot of people probably find Allen's writing on the nose and his characters pretentious. I think when he is writing what he knows he is incredible. Interiors fits that bill. I believe I have seen 15 Allen films now and this sits up in the top few.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
IMDb images cannot be hotlinked. In the future, I suggest using a different source for images and also type out the title so people know what movie you're talking about.
I take it you can't see the image even though I can?

Changed the pic.

Welcome to the human race...
The Raid 2 -

For the time being, I'll give it the edge over the original, though it does have its fair share of plot holes, weak developments and - perhaps worst of all - repetitive (albeit skillfully done) action sequences. May drop this to a
at some point but for now I'll be generous.

The movie is about growing up, and although both Benjamin and Elaine are smart, they've never really considered their lives seriously from their emotional side before. Even the second part of the movie is their reacting against their parents and their way of life. They're attracted to how different each is from the older generation, but they also have an unexplored backstory since their parents have been friends and business partners most of their lives so they already know each other pretty well. But after they get off that bus, they face a scary, tentative relationship, but at least it has a chance to be more honest and open than say... Mr. and Mrs. Robinson's. Benjamin had no chance when Mrs. Robinson came after him, a scenario she undoubtedly repeated several times earlier down through the years. Her marriage was wrecked but apparently workaholic Mr. Robinson didn't know that. There's a lot going on in the body language, the pauses and in what's not being said which will come through on repeat viewings. But others have reacted to the film the same way as you and wanted something else from it, so it's all good.

They are smiling initially but they settle into a "What's next?" look, and they seem to be reacting as individuals rather than a couple.
Well that explanation seems to make more sense. Really well analyzed. I can see why the end scene is so iconic now. You can almost see them after they are done smiling saying "oh ****". It's just hard for me to relate to the 2nd act of just jumping into love like that. I am very calculated and not very spontaneous person. That's probably all my hang up is. But I can appreciate that point of view.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

IMDb images cannot be hotlinked. In the future, I suggest using a different source for images and also type out the title so people know what movie you're talking about.
The tone of your post would indicate that the inclusion of the smiley is supposed to be ironic.

Make a better place
Just got back from the cinema...

of course

You are LUCKY

Fat City (1972)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Lord High Filmquisitor
A Fistful of Dollars - 8/10 (very nearly an 8,5)

Now, I'm not generally a Western fan, but this was one incredible movie: intelligent, tense and moving. I've always felt Eastwood was a great actor, and it was surprisig to see him so young (I just assumed that he was born old and stayed that way forever). My only gripe about the film is how disconnected the two halves of the film seem to be: the first a con-man playing two rival gangs off one another to collect a fortune from both, the second a revenge-and-rescue where the protagonist goes on the run and resurfaces to save his tortured friend. I would have loved to see either half fleshed out into a solo narrative of its own, although it works as-is just fine.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Pygmalion-- I thought I'd like it more, but it was still worth watching I guess. Just seems pre-Brando the acting is pretty staged. Even the American actors try to portray the proper English perfect behavior.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

"#GAMEOVER420BLAZIT" -bluedeed

A Million Ways to Die in the West (2014)

Most reviews of the movie were unfavorable. The way I saw it was a series of hits and misses. The hits were signature Seth MacFarlane hilarious (the couple including a prostitute waiting for marriage to have sex, a flower planted in Liam Neeson's buttocks...etc). The misses were stretchy boring scenes of nonsense which results in a running time of almost 2 hours for a movie that should have been no more than 90 minutes.

If you have time to burn and you're in the mood for a few good laughs, it's worth a watch.

The Woman (2011)

So you got this cannibalistic wild woman, and she's captured by this seemingly normal guy, and he brings her home and ties her up out in the barn. The fact that the guy's family appears like any normal family is where this movie excels. The father and his young son turn out to be sadistic deviants, while the mother and daughter are completely appalled. I thought it was the family dynamics which made most of this movie brilliant. It has some terrific dark humor, while being fairly disturbing. The negative for me was the last 10 minutes when the time came for crap to really go down. The intensity was there, and I was ready for sweet violent retribution. Sure enough, it came, and I'm cool with what happened, but the execution just didn't sit well with me. Overall, it's a movie that I would definitely recommend for fans of sick horror.*

I don't know how many people here have seen the movie Deadgirl, but the similarities are striking. The differences are in that movie, the girl is more or less a zombie, and she's tied up as a pawn for teenage boys. But both girls looks similar, act similar, are physically and sexually tortured, and have their time for revenge. The Woman could've easily been called Deadgirl 2: Welcome to the Family, and nobody would've questioned it. I posted photos below from both movies; the top is from The Woman, and the bottom is from Deadgirl.

Lord High Filmquisitor
For a Few Dollars More - 9/10

Now, I really liked A Fistful of Dollars, but For a Few Dollars More is vastly superior to it in every single way. The non-Eastwood cast is far better, the direction is more focussed, the narrative tighter and the overal production far more polished. The chiming tune of the musical pocketwatch is easily one of the most haunting and memorable bits of music I've ever heard in a film, on par with even the score to Suspiria and the harmonica tune from The Killer.

Butch Cassidey and the Sundance Kid - 8/10

This is one that I haven't seen since I was a kid. I enjoyed it then, but I've grown to appreciate Westerns as more than just an "old person's genre." As a result, it's shot up immensely in my estimation. The performances are great and the dialog is equal parts intelligent and memorable. The film staggers a bit when it hits the travel montage to Bolivia, and again when it hits the Bolivian bank robbing montage, the second of which it doesn't really recover from. It's still a fantastic movie, and Butch's character in particular is a delight to watch.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Last Holiday (1950) - I went to "LIKE" this on Facebook (to keep track) and saw a remake that is probably garbage with over 100,000 likes, while the original film had 364 likes. Next time you ask "What's the world coming to" look back...

Excellent film... Great script, great story, just wished it was longer.