Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Iron Giant (1999)

This is a wonderful movie about a young boy who finds and becomes friends with a large robot from space, and the army's efforts to stop the robot. This movie has drama, action, and more. It's an emotional movie that's great for the entire family.

Aaah one of my absolute childhood favourites! Loved it as a kid!

Mary and Max (2009)

This was kind of strange, and interesting, but I didn't love it as much as everyone else seems to love it. I liked seeing the way these two people who needed each other were able to find each other across the world, but it got more and more depressing as it went on.

WARNING: "SPOILER ABOUT THE ENDING!!!" spoilers below
I kind of have mixed feelings about the ending too. I thought the ending was bittersweet when she found him and saw what he was looking at on the ceiling when he died, but it was very disappointing that they missed meeting by so little time. I would have preferred if they met first, and then he died. (So shoot me. I like storybook endings. )

Pew pew! You're dead!

Mary and Max (2009)

This was kind of strange, and interesting, but I didn't love it as much as everyone else seems to love it. I liked seeing the way these two people who needed each other were able to find each other across the world, but it got more and more depressing as it went on.
The proper word is "poignant."

WARNING: "SPOILER ABOUT THE ENDING!!!" spoilers below
I kind of have mixed feelings about the ending too. I thought the ending was bittersweet when she found him and saw what he was looking at on the ceiling when he died, but it was very disappointing that they missed meeting by so little time. I would have preferred if they met first, and then he died. (So shoot me. I like storybook endings. )

A storybook ending would've ruined the movie.

The Plague Dogs (1982)

This is a very bleak movie about 2 dogs who escape a British animal research lab. Tough for an animal lover to watch and not for kids; I'm hoping this makes the animation countdown.

The last Movie I saw was Rio 2, I am a big fan of the family friendly kind of comedy, and I heard that it was cool and i gave it a try, worth it
Loved the clumsy dad style that Blu played, they are always funny, and all the brazillian songs, as a Brazillian myself, loved the choice of songs and creations on the dancing choreographies and all that.
Even the passion for footbal is in the movie, capoeira, I dont know if the writters of the movie stayed some times in Brazil or something but they realy showd up our lifestyle.
The relationship husband and father in law getting build was great
Overall i liked the movie a lot

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Star Trek (2009)

I wasn't so sure about what to expect from this movie! I'm not familiar with the comic book or the TV series of Star Trek but I am impressed! It's not a masterpiece, it does not intend to be, but it's pretty entertaining if you do not take it seriously!

7/10

John Wick
(2014, USA)
6/10

Very action packed and entertaining film. I dont want to give to much away here so I wont say much. If you enjoy a lot of gun fire and hand-to-hand combat, then you will enjoy this film.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
The Plague Dogs (1982)

This is a very bleak movie about 2 dogs who escape a British animal research lab. Tough for an animal lover to watch and not for kids; I'm hoping this makes the animation countdown.

I don't know that it will be on my list. Not that it's not a good movie, but I don't think I can bear to watch it again. Dog movies destroy me and this particular one does the most damage.

I don't know that it will be on my list. Not that it's not a good movie, but I don't think I can bear to watch it again. Dog movies destroy me and this particular one does the most damage.
Very easy to see why

Gone Girl (2014) - David Fincher

- Wow BRILLIANT. An other amazing masterpiece by Fincher Great performance by Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike. In my Top 3 of 2014.

+

I agree with cricket and Godoggo about The Plague Dogs. It's a truly heart-rending movie and for a person who loves dogs, I can't watch it very often.

A Guy Thing (2003)

This is a lighthearted comedy, with lots of things you've seen before, but the fine cast sells it well. Jason Lee is soon to be married to Selma Blair but has a wild bachelor party at a bar and wakes up in bed with Julia Stiles (nice gig if you can get it!). It's one of those mistaken identity, trying to keep things secret, trying to dodge a psycho, engagement parties that go wrong, drugs getting put into the food, a "will he or won't he?" wedding, with everything all wrapped up in a bow in the end. No classic but a nice film to pass the time on a Saturday afternoon, which is just what I did.

P.S. There's a nice scene with a territorial dog that is very funny, given the dog's face.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The Plague Dogs (1982)

I agree with cricket and Godoggo about The Plague Dogs. It's a truly heart-rending movie and for a person who loves dogs, I can't watch it very often.

I was thinking about watching The Plague Dogs tonight, but I'm an animal lover, especially dogs, and I have a hard time watching movies where anything bad happens to animals, so you guys are starting to make me rethink that decision.

John Wick

Exactly what I expected, and exactly what I wanted.
An amazing action flick. Not too complicated, but has enough mythology to keep it interesting. Keanu is flat as ever, but that's one of my only criticisms. I wish Ian Mcshane's character was fleshed out a bit more. And the ****ing mayhem insurance guy is an actor in this movie! And he was good! All up until the very end when he had more than 2 lines. But I'm nitpicking. Far from perfect, but it's not trying to be! That's what makes it great.

"#GAMEOVER420BLAZIT" -bluedeed

Annabelle (2014) - John R. Leonetti

- very nice !! I appreciate it, Mainly because dolls creep me out and because I very like The Conjuring. Creepy supernatural storyline with the haunted Annabelle doll and the demon behind everything. The Ending is nice and the acting is not bad.
-

What's eating Gilbert Grapes (1993)

a young Leonardo Dicaprio takes on the role as a mentally challenged kid (not so convincing, yet his character is so unlikable) who belongs to a family that's not so well off themselves. Gilbert, (Johnny Depp) plays the father figure role per say, with everything that comes at him is so over whelming. From an obese mother, a dead father, a mentally challenged brother etc. It's based in a smaller town closer to isolation and this movie just does that, makes you feel alone on their journey through the trials and tribulations. With some obviously intended puns that kind of make you laugh in your head, this film is okay.

2.5/5

Eraserhead 3/5

Fairly hard to watch and didn't say much to me. Well made though and certainly manages to provoke a reaction from the viewer. Can see why some folks love it but not my kind of thing.

V/H/S: Viral.

Absolutely awful. And it's a shame, cause I loved the first two. They were both great and refreshing takes on the found footage genre, with the most realistically intense way of doing it I've seen so far. They felt so low budget and well-made that you totally got captured by it, scared by it.

This new one though, did everything wrong. A lot of added music and CGI effects, which totally takes a huge dump on what the original two stood for. And the CGI is absolute ****, as was the stories... Why did they have to ruin this seriously.