Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

training day. 10/10 both denzel and ethan were amazing. story is great and unpredictable.
snowpiercer. 8/10 again, story is great and some parts of the movie are really interesting. even tho i don't like the ending of it, it's still nice conclusion to a journey.

Solid performances by Christian Bale, Woody Harrelson, Casey Affleck, and Zoe Saldana.

The story was predictable and had a few flaws, but the gripping, dark, and intense theme along with the brilliant performances by the cast were strong enough to keep my attention until the very end.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Himlen Falder (2009) ~ 6.5

Zwart Water (2010) ~ 6.5

Both very good films

(Im harsh on rating .. rarely does a film get 8 or higher)

█ █ █ █ █
Bringing out the dead

It's just fine, no big deal. I'm not exactely a Nicholas Cage fan, but find he's suitable for stuff with a comical edge (like this one). Maybe this movie would be better with a shorter running time, also.

Love and Death (1975)

Consistently funny with probably the most laughs I've gotten from a Woody Allen film. The under 90 minute running time makes it an easy watch.

Deep Red (1975)

I had a very hard time maintaining any interest in this one. I think Giallo is just not for me in general.

A few movies i watched recently.

...And Justice For All - 6/10

Bad News Bears - 8/10

We're The Millers - 6.5/10

Nickelodeon - 5.5/10

There Will Be Blood - 10/10 (Rewatch)

Friends with Benefits

It's not the greatest film of all time and it will never win an oscar but as a fluff film to watch on a rainy saturday afternoon (which it presently is) it's not a bad film to just sit back and watch.

My rating: 7/10

Mikey and Nicky (1976)

This was a huge surprise; I loved every minute of it. Peter Falk and John Cassavetes are brilliant as lifelong friends with issues. They have great chemistry which leads to unexpected emotion. It has a mob storyline, but it's their relationship in which the film is built around, and excels. The ending was powerful, I found the whole movie to be realistic, and I'd recommend this to anyone. The movie was not always edited crisply but that didn't hurt it for me.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Deep Red (1975)

I had a very hard time maintaining any interest in this one. I think Giallo is just not for me in general.
Yet you like Carrie (judging from your avatar). I think both films are quality kitsch,
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Not an action extravaganza like Captain America: The Winter Soldier (which is my favorite film so far this year), but still a very good flick. Plenty of awesome cameos and call backs, ties in a lot of the old films together in a good way and lays the groundwork for the next installment, Age of Apocalypse.

Not an action extravaganza like Captain America: The Winter Soldier (which is my favorite film so far this year), but still a very good flick. Plenty of awesome cameos and call backs, ties in a lot of the old films together in a good way and lays the groundwork for the next installment, Age of Apocalypse.
I seen this today as well. I really liked it. I liked how it tied all the past films together. I was not disappointed but its not like the rest of the Marvel films over the past 2 years.

I seen this today as well. I really liked it. I liked how it tied all the past films together. I was not disappointed but its not like the rest of the Marvel films over the past 2 years.
I still prefer Marvel Studios to Sony and Fox. But this was good and redeemed itself after Origins.

Finished here. It's been fun.
JFK

I was going to wait to post this in the Movie Tab, but eff it.

I love reading about a conspiracy theories,mysteries and urban legends. There's just something about the mysterious and unknown that really grabs my interest. Even if it isn't true, it's still a hell of alot of fun to read. Delving into this film I expected something that's good, but forgettable. I never really considered Oliver Stone a great director, so I was shocked to discover that this film is magnificent. It is an absorbing thrilling film about the John F.Kennedy assassination. I should have pulled out my little tinfoil hat, because this film is a descent down the rabbit-hole of paranoia,suspicion and unanswered questions.

It seems there's a conspiracy for just about everything, most of it is blatant lies. Far-fetched lies or misconceptions which hold very little grasp on truth. But what if? what if some of these conspiracies could actually be true? This is a film that explores those ideas, and it does so with conviction. Kevin Costner is incredible here, and he gives a genuinely stellar performance. I always thought he was a mediocre actor, but It turns out I really underestimated the man. JFK clocks in at almost 3 1/2 hours, yet it is compelling and entertaining all the way through. It's paced extremely well, and Stone's directing in my eyes is remarkable. The film looks sharp, and it's pseudo-documentary style really blends in nicely with the narrative. We all know that the JFK shooting happened, but do we know the entire truth? We obviously don't, and we might never will. But Stone shows us that we must ask questions, we must think outside of the box.

I'll put this review to an end, by stating that I immensely enjoyed this great film. It's a focused,absorbing viewing and recalls the great paranoia thrillers of the 70's like The Conversation.Which if you haven't seen you totally should bro, it's like all rad and stuff. I give JFK a

(Adjusts brim of tin-foil hat)

One day all the cats in the world are going to band together and kill us all for doing things things like that to them. That cat is thinking, "Yeah, laugh now, motherf**ker. Your time is coming."

I want to see JFK, but the length keeps putting me off. Which is an asinine reason, really, since I might watch two movies back to back that equal four hours or more anyway. I guess there's just something about watching one movie that's close to four hours that puts me off. It's the same reason I haven't watched Gone With the Wind. I know some people watch long movies like that in halves or segments, but doing that takes me out of the movie. Once I push play, I don't want to leave the couch until the credits roll.