Riddick 4

Tools    

I've come from nowhere, and I'm not shy to go back
Lets start from the Bottom.
Riddick is a science fiction movie, directed by David Twohy, starring Vin Diesel.
First Riddick film ,,Pitch Black'' was released in 2000. film gathered 53$ millions of dollars worldwide and is being admired by fans as the best Riddick film .
The sequel that followed (,,Chronicles of Riddick") got really bad reception both by critics and fans too. despite getting negative reviews the franchise grossed more that 100$ million worldwide reaching 115$. The financial success convinced Universal studio to make another one, which came out in 2013. Third-installment got both positive and negative reviews, reaching 98$
Soon after the release of ,,Riddick", Vin Diesel posted a message :
"Universal just called me and told me Riddick is number one on the DVD charts. There's no way Riddick would have been made without you guys. You know that. and you guys have been a part of our page since 2012 and remember how arduous a road it was to get the movie made, and to make it rated R, and to do it with such a low budget. It's a win for all of us and I really, really thank you so much"

He also gave us a hint that Universal Studios wanted to make yet another movie.During the interview with the director of all three films, David admitted that he would like to make not one, but 2 Riddick movies saying:

“I believe there are two more movies. And I think it’s good that we are looking at ending the series so it doesn’t feel like an open-ended thing, like we’re doing it just for monetary reasons and we’ve just got to keep rolling it over and rolling it over. I think there’s a real end to this and I know what that last movie looks like. The real question is: is it like a two-parter rather than a one-parter? So I think we’re both thinking the same thing, that there’s two more movies in the series.”

Personally I don't consider Pitch Black as the best one. After watching all three of them, my favorite became 2013's Riddick. Vin Diesel does really good acting and I'm very excited to hear that he's going to star in following movies. here's my question. Where do you think the next film should take place? Should they travel in Necromonger universe or you'd rather see a whole new place? I think they should go to Underverse.I'm also interested in what furya would look like?

What do you think ???

I like all 3 tbh...

1. Pitch Black
2. Riddick
3. The Chronicles Of Riddick

The third film is the weakest, and the second is a replay of the first, but they're not bad films by any stretch.
Certainly good to have something relatively original in sci-fi these days.

Looking forward to 4, I hope he catches up with the Necromancers.

I just had to create a profile & join this forum because I reckon the movies are excellent. Take us to the Underverse to collect Vakos' Holy Half Dead head.
But what about the Monsters!?

I just had to create a profile & join this forum because I reckon the movies are excellent. Take us to the Underverse to collect Vakos' Holy Half Dead head.
But what about the Monsters!?
You should make an Introduction thread telling everyone about yourself.

Yes,I also have the "Dune Syndrome"
I've watched all 3 Riddicks several times and enjoyed number 2 the most.

I'd look forward to more installments.
I'd like to see more Furyans and less monster type animals,don't lose the monsters just a bit less please.

"YOU KEEP WHAT YOU KILL"

Personally I don't consider Pitch Black as the best one. After watching all three of them, my favorite became 2013's Riddick. Vin Diesel does really good acting and I'm very excited to hear that he's going to star in following movies. here's my question. Where do you think the next film should take place? Should they travel in Necromonger universe or you'd rather see a whole new place? I think they should go to Underverse.I'm also interested in what furya would look like?
Well I think Vin Diesel has just announced it's going to be called Furia, which makes sense following what happened in Riddick. There's also going to be a TV spin-off called Merc City.

My favourite is The Chronicles of Riddick (I haven't a clue which cut I saw but I loved it!). It was so completely different in scale to Pitch Black as to be astonishing. I'd like to see the Underverse eventually, I must say. I agree, I think Pitch Black is very good but the sequels have an edge on it. I also liked Riddick, while not really what I was expecting, and although there were certain similarities to Pitch Black I think they got away with it.

Well I think Vin Diesel has just announced it's going to be called Furya, which makes sense following what happened in Riddick. There's also going to be a TV spin-off called Merc City.
Furya, which is the name of the planet that Diesel’s character and his rare race hail from, makes sense for the title.

As for Merc City I don't think that will work. But knowing what television puts out, you never know.

Furya, which is the name of the planet that Diesel’s character and his rare race hail from, makes sense for the title.
Yes I thought it was wrong. I was going by the Dark Horizons news report.

Dark Horizons isn't that credible lol
Oh, I don't know. They seem pretty good to me.

The first Riddick was pretty solid. The video game was superb. The 2nd one was a huge mess reminding me of all the things that made 80's sci fi so bad. The third tried too hard to be like the 1st. I'm hoping #4 can be a return to form bu the well is too poisoned at this point I think.

Just doing some catch up...

The Chronicles Of Riddick: Furia is the title of the 4th movie... and will be an origins story, based on Riddick's childhood.
Apparently filming this year and will be R rated, Diesel and Twohy are both doing it.
Not sure exactly how they'll have Diesel playing a Riddick who is younger than he was in Pitch Black, especially since the first movie was made almost 20 years ago.

The most loathsome of all goblins
I might be in the minority but I prefer The Chronicles of Riddick over the other two. It's Conan in Space, I love it, and Karl Urban is great.

Half agree tbh... I bunged that post of mine above ^^ when I said the third is the weakest.
I meant to say the second film.

I still prefer 1, 3, 2 in terms of favourite order... but the one thing with Riddick, is that the films haven't aged and Diesel, strangely, hasn't either. The only noticeable difference is he had put on more muscle as the films progressed.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I like aspects of each film, people tend to really hate the second Riddick movie, but it tried something completely different so I applaud it for that. It wanted to create some space opera mythology and just didn't quite hit it. I'm still positive on it though.

A fourth? Not too interested in it.

Suspect's Reviews

I might be in the minority but I prefer The Chronicles of Riddick over the other two. It's Conan in Space, I love it, and Karl Urban is great.
I've heard it described as Rambo in Space as well, but you're more on the money with Conan as regards Riddick's past.

They had some really good actors in there – I thought Colm Feore was exactly what that part needed because he has a countenance that made me think of the medieval period; something ethereal about him. Linus Roache has that as well to some extent. Both of them really enhanced the film.

I like all three a lot (esp. 1 & 3), and I love the 2 vidjamagames. ADF's Chronicles novelization was decent too. I'll drink whatever milk they can squeeze out of the series.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Pitch Black - good movie, good concept

Chronicles - Great concept and follow up, terrible plot, enter the mushiness

Riddick - meh?