Upcoming Movies on TV Thread

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
2/27 - TCM
7:45am - Lust For Life (7.5/10)

1:30pm - You Can't Take It With You! (10/10)

8pm - Malcolm X (didn't rate it, but I thought it was pretty good)

I urge everyone to please list ANY great movies. It would be a good way to have more fresh conversations with a memory to match. Lots of rare, independent, low-budget, foreign (and domestic, of course) movies on TCM's "Underground" series.

"La Strada" Is On Today @ 6pm ET (TCM)

It's my 2nd favorite movie of all-time. If you love neo-realism, Fellini, Anthony Quinn, Giulieta Masina, then check this movie out.

I urge everyone to please list ANY great movies. It would be a good way to have more fresh conversations with a memory to match. Lots of rare, independent, low-budget, foreign (and domestic, of course) movies on TCM's "Underground" series.
please let me know when LOVE AND DEATH release

On Saturday August 20th TCM will be running several Akira Kurosawa films including two I haven't caught yet, Scandal and I Live in Fear. I'm also hoping to catch Zatoichi Meets Yojimbo which is a Kihachi Okamoto film. Sounds intriguing. The 24 hour long spotlight on Japanese cinema also includes The Samurai Trilogy from Hiroshi Inagaki (These three are also available on HBOMAX). The rest of the day long filmfest is all Kurosawa with Throne of Blood, Yojimbo, Rashomon, The Seven Samurai and High and Low.

TCM - 5:30pm ET

10/10 -- if even one person sees this movie as a result of this, then it's worth interrupting whatever I was doing to post this.

Humphrey Bogart is great in this, and deviates from his usual character around that time.

Sundays With Cybele (TCM; 3:15am ET)

8/10 - unique movie. Risque. Not sure if I'll see it again, because I fear my memories might change, although it's possible I like it more, but I rather see a movie for the first time.

8/10 - unique movie. Risque. Not sure if I'll see it again, because I fear my memories might change, although it's possible I like it more, but I rather see a movie for the first time.
I liked that movie quite a bit, it was an HoF nom and the members were very split between loving it and hating it. I might have gave it a near perfect score.

Love this film. It's a 10/10 from me.