Pairs of actors who should have worked together in a movie, but didn't

Tools    

What does that men?

The pairing has to have them together throughout the movie, involved in some kind of plot together -- as friends, as lovers, as colleagues, etc.

Orson Welles and Laurence Olivier.

Also Humphrey Bogart and Spencer Tracy.

(Actually, the latter two did appear together in early sound films, but Bogart only had a bit part.)

Those are good.

I remember I expressed this on another forum long ago, wishing that Jimmy Stewart and Henry Fonda had worked together -- then they told me about The Cheyenne Social Club (1970), which fulfilled all my desires!

Another pairing that still could be done, it's not too late, particularly as both are amazingly youthful for their ages:

Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise

Ricky Gervais and Nathan Lane. They could star in a comedy called Two Wickedly Clever Fat Guys

Michael Caine and Albert Finney

Stretching the definition of "actor" a little:

Richard Simmons and Pauly Shore.

How bout..Denzel and Robert Downey as powerful lawyers in a thriller? or Jason Mamoa and The Rock as ruthless bounty hunters in a serious flick?

Sarah Bernhardt and Sandra Bernhard

How bout..Denzel and Robert Downey as powerful lawyers in a thriller? or Jason Mamoa and The Rock as ruthless bounty hunters in a serious flick?

Love the idea of Denzel and Robert Downey Jr working together.

Will Smith as Ike. Chris Rock as Tina.

Matt Damon and Jesse Plemons should play brothers in a movie.

Benecio Del Toro and Brad Pitt should play half-brothers.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Technically, they were both in Bowfinger, but I don't think they had scenes together and they were barely recognizable.

Eddie Murphy & Robert Downey, Jr.

90's kids never got a Twin Peaks / X-Files crossover...

Those are good.

I remember I expressed this on another forum long ago, wishing that Jimmy Stewart and Henry Fonda had worked together -- then they told me about The Cheyenne Social Club (1970), which fulfilled all my desires!

Another pairing that still could be done, it's not too late, particularly as both are amazingly youthful for their ages:

Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise
Tracy and Bogart appeared together in a 1930 film called Up the River

Margot Robbie and Jaime Pressly

A dark comedy about truly nasty sisters. Fighting over their fathers (Bill Murray) inheritance, whose mind is slipping. Their mother (Kathy Bates) passed a decade earlier, but shows up in flashbacks showcasing her mental abuse toward her own family.

Damn, I'm good...