Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One (2023)

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Full trailer dropped a couple weeks ago...

I keep thinking Cruise is too old to be making these, but the last few MI movies have been bangers!

I keep thinking Cruise is too old to be making these, but the last few MI movies have been bangers!

My wife and I just watched both Rogue Nation and Fallout again, and I must agree!

One of my absolute most anticipated movies next yeah for damn sure. Can’t wait.

I’ve seen Fallout like 9 times since it came out. I need a replacement.

I know these do well and get a fair amount of praise, but I still think it's woefully short of what's appropriate. As I rewatch the last few and anticipate the next, I'm becoming more and more convince that these are simply some of the greatest pure action films ever made, and as going to age extremely well in that regard.

Also, Cruise's personal stuff aside, his personal and physical dedication to this particular film series is pretty remarkable.

I know these do well and get a fair amount of praise, but I still think it's woefully short of what's appropriate. As I rewatch the last few and anticipate the next, I'm becoming more and more convince that these are simply some of the greatest pure action films ever made, and as going to age extremely well in that regard.

Also, Cruise's personal stuff aside, his personal and physical dedication to this particular film series is pretty remarkable.
Agreed. I rewatched Fallout the other day. The last two are fantastic and Ghost Protocol is great too.

It mind sound like hyperbole but when I think of great actions and stunts I think about people like Buster Keaton and Harold Lloyd, they were revolutionaries and geniuses of their time. Mission Impossible lives in an age where we've pretty much seen it all and nothing can be particularly surprising per se, but the way every action scene unfolds feels almost perfect to me and I love the magnetism Cruise brings to the screen. He almost feels to me like the modern-day equivalent of those people I've mentioned, some people might find that ridiculous but I think it's fitting.

Edit: I hope the series gets represented in the 2010s countdown and can't wait for the next one either.

BKB
I'm sure this movie will have a great weekend and better than The FLASH, which as much as DC fans don't want to hear this, is pretty much a BOMB for such a disappointing opening and worse when you consider a Transformer movie made more in it's opening weekend.. As for DEAD RECKONING PART 1?? I dont think this will be any better than FALLOUT or ROGUE NATION, but I'm in line for it..

BKB
^ It's the weekends after opening weekend that could be problematic..

Cruise vs. Oppenheimer..

Oppenheimer really strikes me as more of a Fall type of movie than a Summer movie. It'll be interesting ton see how well it does because I don't think it's going to do any better than DUNKIRK which as much as Nolan fans don't want to admit it, Bombed..

You should probably define "bombed" because you're seemingly used it to describe anything that doesn't produce swimming pools full of money, as opposed to the normal and sensible definition, which is a film which loses a lot of money.

Regardless, the intense preoccupation with box office as some kind of "score" to pit films against one another, or used as validation of a film, continues to make no sense to me. At all.

Oppenheimer really strikes me as more of a Fall type of movie than a Summer movie. It'll be interesting ton see how well it does because I don't think it's going to do any better than DUNKIRK which as much as Nolan fans don't want to admit it, Bombed..
"Dunkirk still became a massive success at the box office in 2017, ultimately earning $527 million and surpassing Steven Spielberg's Saving Private Ryan as the highest-grossing World War II movie worldwide."

Your takes on films are really, really bad.

BKB
You should probably define "bombed" because you're seemingly used it to describe anything that doesn't produce swimming pools full of money, as opposed to the normal and sensible definition, which is a film which loses a lot of money.

Regardless, the intense preoccupation with box office as some kind of "score" to pit films against one another, or used as validation of a film, continues to make no sense to me. At all.
Ok.. Do you think The FLASH Bombed?? Yes or No?? When a movie cost 200 Million to make like that one did and only musters up barely 55 Million for the weekend when DC fans were saying it was the Greatest Movie Ever Made?? LOL

Ok.. Do you think The FLASH Bombed?? Yes or No?? When a movie cost 200 Million to make like that one did and only musters up barely 55 Million for the weekend when DC fans were saying it was the Greatest Movie Ever Made?? LOL
I guess I'd probably call that a bomb...but that wasn't the movie you were talking about. You were talking about a movie that made five times its budget, which suggests to me the term is being thrown around pretty carelessly.

Also, I don't know why "DC fans ... saying it was the Greatest Movie Ever Made" has anything to do with what I asked, or the topic of box office. But it is kind of revealing, since I guess trying to stick it to DC fans is actually the real motivator here. Like the whole idea is to try to use box office to "win" an argument with non-specific fanboys. None of it seems addressed to any actual person actually here, though.

BKB
https://screenrant.com/tom-cruise-mi...-ceo-response/

Tom Cruise appears to not be very happy regarding his Mission:IMPOSSIBLE VII being shown in IMAX for 1 week to accomodate Nolan's "OPPENHEIMER".. They state that they hope Cruise's movie will return to IMAX after OPPENHEIMER'S run, but who knows?? I realize this is not a very popular sentiment on this site or any other movie website for that matter, but OPPENHEIMER should've moved to a new month to accomodate Cruise's movie because in the end, if OPPEHEIMER really is THAT good, then it shouldn't matter what month it opens, but it really should've opened in the Fall..

BKB
Hopefully this will maintain it's momentum and stay well above 90%, but as always, there's going to be that 1 reviewer who has to give THAT review to bring it down a notch and it happens with every movie, even OPPENHEIMER will receive the same treatment.. I'm trying to think if there's ever been a movie that received 100% without 1 Negative Review ever?? At 1st, I would've thought TITANIC achieved this, but I don't know??

Hopefully this will maintain it's momentum and stay well above 90%, but as always, there's going to be that 1 reviewer who has to give THAT review to bring it down a notch and it happens with every movie, even OPPENHEIMER will receive the same treatment.. I'm trying to think if there's ever been a movie that received 100% without 1 Negative Review ever?? At 1st, I would've thought TITANIC achieved this, but I don't know??
Naw, it's pretty much as you said: there is always at least one person that pushes back against the crowd, and slays a film for the politics of the film or something of that nature.

Meanwhile, really looking forward to this film!

I too am looking forward to Mission Impossible - Dead Reckoning part I.

I watched the trailer via this site https://www.hollywoodintoto.com/miss...ng-one-review/ and watched the follow-up video of how they made the most dangerous stunt. Gave me the willies. That Cruise is something else!

Might have to head for the theater for this one...