Maryland international film festival

Tools    

The trick is not minding
This weekend the MIFF starts up in Hagerstown. I’ll probably attend on Saturday, since Friday and Sunday I’ll be out of town, but it looks interesting.
Below is a link their ticket prices and their lineup:

https://www.marylandiff.org/
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	A555BD17-2259-4084-B8B1-D1858C536EA8.jpeg
Views:	46
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	86218  

I went to the very first Maryland Film Festival in 1999. The first film, the premiere of Barry Levinson's documentary Diner Guys, was at The Senator and all the rest of the flicks were at the brand new Charles Theatre. Went to the first three years before I moved to Portland, OR. Came back for a couple of them - it usually coincided with my early May birthday and/or Mother's Day. Pre-COVID I went to the first couple that were at The Parkway Theatre after I moved back to Maryland.

I had no idea there was a Maryland International Film Festival nor that it was in Hagerstown?!? How many years have they held it?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The trick is not minding
I went to the very first Maryland Film Festival in 1999. The first film, the premiere of Barry Levinson's documentary Diner Guys, was at The Senator and all the rest of the flicks were at the brand new Charles Theatre. Went to the first three years before I moved to Portland, OR. Came back for a couple of them - it usually coincided with my early May birthday and/or Mother's Day. Pre-COVID I went to the first couple that were at The Parkway Theatre after I moved back to Maryland.

I had no idea there was a Maryland International Film Festival nor that it was in Hagerstown?!? How many years have they held it?
Honestly, I’ve lived here for 3 years now and this is the first I have heard of it, as well. It might be its inception. Or it’s possible it was canceled the last two years due to COVID.