Jean-Louis Trintignant 1930 - 2022

Tools    

Damn, R.I.P.

Big fan of some of his obvious classics (The Conformist, Z, My Night at Maud's, The Great Silence), but will also show some love to his weirder, skeevier work with Alain Robbe-Grillet (Trans-Europ Express, Successive Slidings of Pleasure).

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
The last movie I've seen with Trintignant was Un homme et une femme [A Man and a Woman] (1966).
They are together with Anouk Aimée. Very Stylish.

The trick is not minding
I need to rewatch The Great Silence. Even though I thought he was good in it, I wasn’t a fan of the film. Of course, I’m not a huge fan of spaghetti westerns to begin with, but I should revisit it regardless.

The last movie I've seen with Trintignant was Un homme et une femme [A Man and a Woman] (1966).

It’s a classic of French cinema.

Even when he got old he still had some very good parts to play.

I read an article yesterday about the fact that Trintignant absolutely hated the love scenes with Anouk because she was the best friend of his current wife at the time. He said his favorite scenes or the best scenes (can’t remember what I read) were the driving scenes. No surprise there.