Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Tools    

The trick is not minding
Halloween Kills is dumb and boring. And the best part is how it pretends like it has something to say. Lol.

Thanks Halloween Kills. I learned so much about modern society through your deft touch.
You mean to tell me the constant cries of “Evil dies tonight!” Repeated ad nauseum didn’t sway your opinion?
I’m shocked!

(I didn’t like it either for much of the same reasons.)

You mean to tell me the constant cries of “Evil dies tonight!” Repeated ad nauseum didn’t sway your opinion?
I’m shocked!

(I didn’t like it either for much of the same reasons.)

It's watchable. But I don't know how important a thing that is when there is nothing to be gotten by watching it. Its watchability might be one of its greatest crimes. At least something properly atrocious like Halloween 4 has the integrity to nearly beg you to turn it off while it is on. There are no illusions to its lack of worth. If you watch it all the way to the end, that's on the viewer. They should know better.

But this...I just kept wondering why any time was spent on it Even though it was poorly thought out, it was thought out. Even though is an artistic void, time was put into how it was presented to its audience. And as I just kept wondering why energy was spent on such a fruitless thing, it caught me off guard and ended and somehow i ended up with the whole thing in my brain, which I hardly intended.

It's just unforgivably bad. So basically, its target audience is exclusively MKS. But doesn't he have enough pointless movie sequels to watch already?

Halloween Kills is dumb and boring. And the best part is how it pretends like it has something to say. Lol.

Thanks Halloween Kills. I learned so much about modern society through your deft touch.

I don't know, I thought this speech from the movie was pretty insightful.

"Michael Myers is not a soundbite, spin-off, tie-in, some kind of celebrity scandal. Michael Myers is a killer shark, in baggy ass overalls, who gets his kicks killing everything and everyone he comes across. That's all."

"Michael Myers is not a soundbite, spin-off, tie-in, some kind of celebrity scandal. Michael Myers is a killer shark, in baggy ass overalls, who gets his kicks killing everything and everyone he comes across. That's all."

Just reading that makes me want to die.

Looking a little crispy there, Crummy. Like a chicken-fried mother****er.

Like, is it possible to write worse dialogue than that?

I mean, in a work where M Night Shyamalan doesn't exist, of course. I don't want to step on the toes of his idiot genius.

Like, is it possible to write worse dialogue than that?

I mean, in a work where M Night Shyamalan doesn't exist, of course. I don't want to step on the toes of his idiot genius.

Worse dialogue or worse dialogue that has charm and was written by a non-native English speaker?

Worse dialogue or worse dialogue that has charm and was written by a non-native English speaker?

It's true that Shyamalan is at least is fascinating in his awful weirdness. There is a reason I've seen most of his movies even though I dislike almost all of them.

This Halloween shit though is basically Michael Myers fan fic. It reads like a nine year old who thinks they are a hot shit writer. Then, you know, throws in a bunch of hit garbage about societal collapse just to force us to take it seriously

"What do you mean you don't want to be famous? That's the American dream!"

"Kick his ass! Kick his ass! Kick his ass! Who's better than Wat Chun
Lee? Whoopin' everybody ass while he's smokin' a cigarette. Oh, shit. Who's knockin' on my door this late? Whoever this is, is distracting me from seeing Wat Chun Lee whoop some ass."

Another classic line from Halloween Kills.

The trick is not minding
"Kick his ass! Kick his ass! Kick his ass! Who's better than Wat Chun
Lee? Whoopin' everybody ass while he's smokin' a cigarette. Oh, shit. Who's knockin' on my door this late? Whoever this is, is distracting me from seeing Wat Chun Lee whoop some ass."

Another classic line from Halloween Kills.
Wait. Wasn’t that from Ressurection? Or am I mixing the two up?

Wait. Wasn’t that from Ressurection? Or am I mixing the two up?
You don't remember this famous line from Halloween Kills?

"Let the dangertainment begin!"

The trick is not minding

They both had some pretty bad dialogue at times, so they kind of blended together.

Victim of The Night

Wow. And I thought Rob Zombie had shit on the legacy.

I thought I had seen Resurrection but I just watched clips and I have not. I imagine I rented it, and put it on and wandered away. Which is how I think most of the Halloween sequels went in my house

Victim of The Night

Oh shit. I don't think I'm gonna watch it this October after all.

I'm feeling guilty that MKS never showed up to defend the honour of Halloween Kills, so to atone, I will reveal that all of my quotes were actually from Halloween: Resurrection.

Joins the ranks of great movies about grief, like Lake Mungo and Don't Look Now. Except this one is mostly musical performances by Nick Cave. So you might have to be a fan of him for it to quietly shatter you.