Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Tools    

At what point does huffing Wan's farts become lethal.

Asking for a friend.
Only Republicans and Evangelists think it can be lethal.

The rest of us just vibe, man.

Only Republicans and Evangelists think it can be lethal.

The rest of us just vibe, man.

Okay, then what can I make him eat to make it lethal? Clearly all those good films he improperly digests aren't doing the trick.

Okay, then what can I make him eat to make it lethal? Clearly all those good films he improperly digests aren't doing the trick.
The only think that toxic would be be your opinion of his work.

He'll have to eat you.

The only think that toxic would be be your opinion of his work.

He'll have to eat you.

He doesn't have the common sense or good taste to eat me. Somehow, even he knows my disdain for him is on point. He wouldn't survive having my condemnations of his fraud enter his bloodstream. At that point even he would be wafting the fart sniffers away from him. From shame. From despair over his empty heart. From the awareness of how undeserving he is of anything approaching praise.

I would include both, and I'm surprised I forgot about Lanthymos.

It was just a list off the top of my head, so I imagine I've overlooked a tonne more.

It's almost like there is hundreds of great directors to choose from, or something.
Julia Ducournau
Jennifer Kent
Panos Cosmatos

He doesn't have the common sense or good taste to eat me. Somehow, even he knows my disdain for him is on point. He wouldn't survive having my condemnations of his fraud enter his bloodstream. At that point even he would be wafting the fart sniffers away from him. From shame. From despair over his empty heart. From the awareness of how undeserving he is of anything approaching praise.
Well then his farts are gonna remain unlethal. I hope you're happy!

You remember The Hawk.

It used to be my least favorite performance in the film (and probably still is), but I no longer can over look how the band is just cooking on this song. And how much fun they are having.

Ronnie Hawkins has always mostly been a loudmouth dork though.

Victim of The Night
It used to be my least favorite performance in the film (and probably still is), but I no longer can over look how the band is just cooking on this song. And how much fun they are having.

I didn't really know The Hawk myself, and don't know his personality, the first time I ever heard of him was when Robbie says, "You remember The Hawk. Ronnie Hawkins." (I think I was 14.)
But like you, it used to be one I'd often skip until you really just listen to and watch the band and hear how great they're rocking this tune and, as you say, how much fun they're having, and it becomes something bigger and better.
I feel like they do Bo Diddley proud on this one.

Edit - I think if there's one I skip the most it's probably Neil Diamond.

Is he an a-hole or something? I don't know his story. I like some of his songs but 100% of those songs feature Duane Allman so maybe it's not Hawkins that I like.

Also, has anyone gotten the Criterion version of Last Waltz? Is there like an hour of Emmylou outtakes? Asking for a friend.

Is he an a-hole or something? I don't know his story. I like some of his songs but 100% of those songs feature Duane Allman so maybe it's not Hawkins that I like.

Also, has anyone gotten the Criterion version of Last Waltz? Is there like an hour of Emmylou outtakes? Asking for a friend.

He's mostly just a braggart and a guy who seemed to get in on the music game for all the wrong reasons, in my book.

He used to host a New Years celebration at Toronto's 'time square' in the 90s and it was the lamest shit a 16 year old could ever possibly bear witness too.

I didn't even know criterion had a last dance. There would be endless amounts of bonus material I'd be interested in before Emmylou Harris. Not that I don't like her, but considering what else there is there...just give me some more Neil Diamond already

It comes with great regret that it is likely after this weekend, this thread is going to be profoundly changed. At least for a little bit.

My doctor (yes, I have a doctor, yes they pay house visits to cardboard boxes) has informed me if I don't alter my "bad" lifestyle, they will take no blame for me suddenly dropping dead. And since this thread is intrinsically entwined with my beloved self destruction, I may have to take a break from my self destructive movie taste as well (after this weekend)

So, I hope you all join me this coming Monday for my basement dwelling review of Out of Africa.

Stay tuned!

Take care, crumb. I will take up the trash movie viewing mantle in your place.