My Favorite Non-Human Movie characters

Tools    

Frank the Pug, Men in Black

Frank (voiced by Tim Blaney) is an agent for MIB, the alien-battling agency that employs J (Will Smith) and K (Tommy Lee Jones)

Puss in Boots, Shrek 2

Puss (voiced by Antonio Banderas) was a scene-stealing character in the second "Shrek" film who was originally hired by the Fairy Godmother (Jennifer Saunders) to assassinate Shrek but ends up becoming his greatest ally, utilizing his secret weapon that I like to call "kitten eyes."

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Subway Ghost, Ghost

Vincent Schiavelli made the most of his brief role in the 1990 box office smash as a ghost haunting a subway train reluctantly agrees to help the recently deceased Sam Wheat (the late Patrick Swayze) learn how to use his newly acquired ghostly powers.

You keep tripping me up when you include these humanoid characters in a non-human list, but if I were going to include someone from the movie "Ghost", it would probably be Patrick Swayze's ghost of Sam character.

Baloo, The Jungle Book (1967)

Baloo (voiced by the late Phil Harris) was an amiable singing and dancing bear who helps a young jungle boy named Mowgli prepare to join human civilization.

Baloo is one of my favorite Disney characters. Great choice.

You keep tripping me up when you include these humanoid characters in a non-human list, but if I were going to include someone from the movie "Ghost", it would probably be Patrick Swayze's ghost of Sam character.
Way too early in the list for Sam Wheat

Snoopy, Snoopy Come Home

After stealing scenes in television specials since 1965, the classic Charles Schultz character was given his own theatrical film in 1972 in which Snoopy finds out that his former owner, Lila, is very sick and embarks on a journey to see her, accompanied by his good friend, Woodstock.

Dracula, Dracula

Frank Langella put himself on the map when he reprised is Broadway role as cinema's most famous vampire in the 1979 film version of the Broadway play.

Snoopy, Snoopy Come Home

After stealing scenes in television specials since 1965, the classic Charles Schultz character was given his own theatrical film in 1972 in which Snoopy finds out that his former owner, Lila, is very sick and embarks on a journey to see her, accompanied by his good friend, Woodstock.

I haven't seen this movie since I was a kid, but I love Snoopy in everything he's in.

Dracula, Dracula

Frank Langella put himself on the map when he reprised is Broadway role as cinema's most famous vampire in the 1979 film version of the Broadway play.

I watched several Dracula movies for the horror countdown, and Frank Langella was definitely the sexiest version of Dracula.

R2D2, Star Wars

Some might think it's a little early in the list for Star Wars characters, but I have a lot of ground to cover here.

As you said, I expected R2-D2 to be higher on this list, but seeing him this low just makes me even more curious about the rest of your list.

Dot Matrix, Spaceballs

Dot (voiced by the late Joan Rivers) was lady-in-waiting to Princess Vespa (Daphne Zuniga) who had a virgin alarm installed that went off whenever anyone got to close to the Princess.

Scar, The Lion King

Scar (voiced by Jeremy Irons) is the bitter brother of King Musafa (voiced by James Earl Jones) who, tired of living in his brother's shadow, kills him.

Ralph, Wreck-It-Ralph

Ralph (voiced by John C. Reilly) is the villain in a video game who is tired of being a villain and goes on a special quest for a different life.

Yogurt, Spaceballs

Mel Brooks' take on the famous Star Wars character..."Merchandising, merchandising, where the real money from the movie is made."