Rounders - Matt Damon, Edward Norton

→ in
Tools    

I know it's a bit old, but does anyone else totally love this movie? I can't get over how well done it is - I totally forget it's even a movie anymore. Matt Damon is Michael McDermot, not Matt Damon.

Same thing happened to me when I watched "The Apostle" with Robert Duvall.

Anyway, I think this movie is fabulous, and realistic - I won't give anything away, but the good guys don't always win, and not EVERYTHING turns out 100% happy and perfect, but yet you don't feel cheated either.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I actually thought it was kinda boring. It was a good movie, I just thought at times it was too.....too... something. Not boring exactly, I just felt it lacked something it needed.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I know it's a bit old, but does anyone else totally love this movie? I can't get over how well done it is - I totally forget it's even a movie anymore. Matt Damon is Michael McDermot, not Matt Damon.

Anyway, I think this movie is fabulous, and realistic - I won't give anything away, but the good guys don't always win, and not EVERYTHING turns out 100% happy and perfect, but yet you don't feel cheated either.

Eh? at the time of posting the film was 3 years old. I still watch Rounders every couple of years, big poker fan.

Looks like a post revival here.. I really enjoyed Rounders, even though I dislike Matt Damon. I used to play a lot of poker, and I still appreciate watching it on TV occasionally.

It was an interesting and true to life plot, with the Hold em poker accuracy pretty high. I'm a big fan of Edward Norton, John Tuturro, John Malkovich, and of course the great Martin Landau.

Good film from Miramax!

~Doc

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Somewhere on my all-time 300.
I don't know if this means it's good or not. 300 is a lot of movies.

Suspect's Reviews

If you like Poker you'll probably like this movie.
The picture that painted of the game and the different type of players in it is spot on.
Also, the cast is enormous, Matt Damon as the new guy in town trying to make a reputation.
John Malkovich as the loan shark with big pockets that no one want to lose against.
John Turturro as the solid, wise player, who plays for the money not reputation (inspired on a real person).
Edward Norton as the loose-aggressive player with clear gaming problems.

From experience, only Turturro's last long enough, the other guys either have other money source or...