Movies that should be remade.

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
There was some discussion about The Running Man on the last couple of pages - I even acknowledged the supposedly subversive nature of it that's still pretty shallow Dystopia 101. I disagree that the Schwarzenegger film "takes aim at society instead of 1-2 villains" because it really is about the protagonist facing off against Killian and the hunters in a closed-off battlefield whereas the source novel has him try to run and hide in the real world where anyone can report him for a reward, which is a concept that's more likely to implicate "society" than just having a regular game show audience full of little old ladies.

It's time to remake the first 3 Star Wars films. Why not? The franchise has been milked to the last drop, so it might be time to go back to the originals and remake them with a new cast. I suggest Keira Knightley as Princess Leia, but who else would you cast?

I can certainly give you one movie that should not be remade under any circumstances: The Pinchcliffe Grand Prix of 1975. As long as that remains untouched during my lifetime I will die a very happy man.

I can certainly give you one movie that should not be remade under any circumstances: The Pinchcliffe Grand Prix of 1975. As long as that remains untouched during my lifetime I will die a very happy man.
Hate to be bearer of bad news, but...

The Pinchcliffe Grand Prix remake seeks crowdfunding - Flåklypa ...

Hate to be bearer of bad news, but...
That looks to be about a video game, which I'm alright with. God knows it's just my wishful thinking coming through here though.

That looks to be about a video game, which I'm alright with. God knows it's just my wishful thinking coming through here though.
Ah that's good. I hate it when they remake my favorite movies too.

There was some discussion about The Running Man on the last couple of pages - I even acknowledged the supposedly subversive nature of it that's still pretty shallow Dystopia 101. I disagree that the Schwarzenegger film "takes aim at society instead of 1-2 villains" because it really is about the protagonist facing off against Killian and the hunters in a closed-off battlefield whereas the source novel has him try to run and hide in the real world where anyone can report him for a reward, which is a concept that's more likely to implicate "society" than just having a regular game show audience full of little old ladies.

Whilst you have Killian as a focus on villainy similar to say Cohaagen in Total Recall I think theres very much the sense that he's part of a wider establishment rather than some singular source of evil. Likewise whilst the general public might not be directly involved in the chase they are clearly shown to be very much caught up in the ethos of the show.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Well I felt that the game show arena with old people enjoying the show, added a dark comedy satire too it, that you wouldn't get, if it took place on the open streets, and submitting in video tapes every day.

As for Killian, I think he is both a strength and a weakness as a villain. His strength being the dark comedy satire of a game show host, but the weakness being is that he is just a middle man, and Ben Richards, would probably have a lot more fighting to do after taking over the game show at the end of the movie.

What annoys me is when people refer to another adaptation of a novel or play as a ‘remake’- it’s not always a remake, it’s just that the director/writer feels he can put a new spin on it or take an angle that was there but not previously explored. There are very few adaptations that are completely perfect.

Welcome to the human race...
Whilst you have Killian as a focus on villainy similar to say Cohaagen in Total Recall I think theres very much the sense that he's part of a wider establishment rather than some singular source of evil. Likewise whilst the general public might not be directly involved in the chase they are clearly shown to be very much caught up in the ethos of the show.
I think you could compromise by (for example) having a disguised Richards be in the presence of other people who are watching the show, which might even offer possibilities beyond merely depicting the apparent devotion of a studio audience.

Yep that's true too! I still like the live aspect though, rather than submitting in video tapes every day. Perhaps it could still be live on the streets and TV viewers watch through cameras all over the streets maybe?

Also, when thinking about The Running Man, I thought it was interesting how when they had to come up with a reason to throw the main woman character into the game, they said that her biggest crimes were sleeping with 2 or more men per year. What if they played this angle up more in a remake, and people could be punished severely, just for being sexually liberated?

i wanna to see remake of zindgi na milegi dobara but ithibk most of the people hate remake because the story of first moive and second moive is completely change.

Last Game of thrones should be redone

I wanna see Taxi Driver remade, but call it "Uber Driver."
They should also remake 8MM and call it 480P.