Lust, caution (2007)

→ in
Tools    

As an erotic thriller fan, i ve recently saw a movie which reminds me of this type of films as lust, caution, juliette binoche and jeremy ironsin 1992 Damage.
While here the politics take place in the plot and the acting is just sublime especially Leung, a movie about love sadness, lust and all, when politics wrecks your life while you are at it, and no where else than world war 2 japan, ravaged by chaos and suffering is a story of love.
Ang lee is a brilliant director and here it shows why , with the sensual angles taken in filming, the use of music, a very emotional film to say the least.
Have your say

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I just saw it. I kind of have mixed feelings about it and could go either way. I find it difficult to tell what was going on inside the woman's head, cause she seems like she is enjoying the sex, but then later, when talking to her co-conspirators, she talks about how he abuses her psychologically and physically, and not sure if we are suppose to empathize, since she is enjoying it so much while with him, unless she is just really faking it the whole time.

I also found the two leads to look quite a lot like Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman in Casablanca, from the way their hair is done and the faces. I thought it was probably my imagination, but then later she is in the theater watching Casablanca, but I feel like the movie shouldn't try to make references to another WWII movie like that, and instead just try to be it's own movie, unless I am interpreting that wrong.

I felt that the ending was also maybe anticlimatic somewhat, yearning for more, but the movie does still have a lot of good or interesting moments in at least. What does anyone else think?