The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014)

Tools    

As many would have expected, the film premiered at the Berlin Film Festival to fantastic critical acclaim, and has a score of 87 on metacritic after 7/7 reviews being positive.

Looking forward to it even more.

Another hit from Wes Anderson, or so it seems from the positive reactions it's getting. We all already knew from the trailers, though... Hopefully I'm going to love it as much as the critics seem to. I think that won't be a problem, though, as I like Anderson a lot.

Wes Anderson is creating himself a very admirable filmography.

I thought it was a sequel to The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel!

Looks to be a funny movie

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
If anyone cares to help...

I'm trying to find the lines that M. Gustave is saying to Zero after he crawls out of the manhole. I've looked on all the usual suspects, but I don't see the quote.

The only part I have semblance of is the end, "....like playing a song on an out of tune piano." It seemed that he was describing what their future may turn out to be. Those were my favorite lines and my memory is not holding up its share of the bargain.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Just saw this last night, and this film solidly locked me in as a Wes Anderson fan. Every shot is a wonderful painting. The details blow me away, you get rewarded for visually scanning a shot. (the elevator operator killed me) The dialogue is so funny. (“I admire you so.” “That’s because you get it.”)
The casting is brilliant. I lost 3 minutes or so furiously wondering where the hell I knew Serge (Mathieu Amalric) from (turned out it was “Louie” in Munich).

Totally enjoyable film.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Great cast. Ordering the poster.

I'm confused about the aspect ratio in the trailer, will it change throughout the film?
I read that he uses 3; 1.33, 1.85, and 2.35:1., one for each time period.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
Just saw this last night, and this film solidly locked me in as a Wes Anderson fan. Every shot is a wonderful painting. The details blow me away, you get rewarded for visually scanning a shot. (the elevator operator killed me) The dialogue is so funny. (“I admire you so.” “That’s because you get it.”)
The casting is brilliant. I lost 3 minutes or so furiously wondering where the hell I knew Serge (Mathieu Amalric) from (turned out it was “Louie” in Munich).

Totally enjoyable film.

The cast is kick ass. If you have like Mathieu you should check out The Diving Bell and the Butterfly. Dude can act his ass off.