The Unusual Exorcist

Tools    

What an excellent day for an exorcism
Okay, hardcore Exorcist fans.......A series a frame shots of The Exorcist that may be the original or there may be something unusual about it.

Frame One: The original frame or something unusual?.....

Matter of fact I just watched the first Exorcist the other night. There were shots similar to this when Father Merrin has taken a drive in his jeep to look at the place one more time before he leaves for America. There's a shot of two locals, one helping the other along. But I don't remember a scene that looks exactly like this frame.

Anyway, what do you mean by "something unusual"?

There were shots similar to this when Father Merrin has taken a drive in his jeep to look at the place one more time before he leaves for America. There's a shot of two locals, one helping the other along. But I don't remember a scene that looks exactly like this frame.
That frame shot is in the very first scene.

Anyway, what do you mean by "something unusual"?
It may or may not be altered visually.

That frame shot is in the very first scene.
The first scene was a very long distance establishing shot followed by various shots of arabs digging.

It may or may not be altered visually.
Altered by the filmmakers or by you, or someone else??

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Okay, hardcore Exorcist fans.......A series a frame shots of The Exorcist that may be the original or there may be something unusual about it.
U
Frame One: The original frame or something unusual?.....

Am I missing something? What are the rules of this game and how do you play it?

I can sort of see the medallion in the rubble behind the diggers. Good bit of Photoshopping. But I'd say if you're going to do this, maybe the alterations need to have some significance to the scene, some reason for being there.

Like maybe insert the white jeep or other vehicle in the shot, or put a modern crane in the distance. Or maybe remove completely a part of the "set". I think it would be a good game if the alterations had some relevance, and the images didn't just become an exercise in "Where's Wally".

My 2 cents.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
A majority of the forum regulars who would probably play this game aren't even here on weekends, so give it a bit longer.

I thought the alteration did have significance. That old pendant was found at that excavation site shown in frame shot one. You really can't get any more relevant than embedding a significant object found at the excavation site into the background of the excavation site. At the very least, the old pendant certainly has more reason and/or relevance to be there than your example of a modern crane not to mention seeing a modern crane in that frameshot would be rather obvious and offers zero challenge.
Yeah true.

Too late, I have already made the series of frameshots. I already showcased this in another forum and it was a hit. A new thread can sometimes be a hit or a miss. I'll just chalk this one up as a miss for this forum and move on.
Well don't give up that easily. Now that you've given us your modus operandi, we'll know what to look for, and why.

A majority of the forum regulars who would probably play this game aren't even here on weekends, so give it a bit longer.
Well don't give up that easily. Now that you've given us your modus operandi, we'll know what to look for, and why.
Fair enough, but be warned, Gary, you will never see that modern crane in this game, lol.

Frame Shot Two: The original frame shot or something unusual?

I think he's looking the wrong way. That's the scene where he goes back to that place one last time, and while he's there, a strong wind comes up and almost blows him off the cliff, and he looks around to the source of the wind and sees the Dick Demon. So, it looks like you've cut him out of the beginning of the first shot and dropped him into the point-of-view shot when he's looking at the demon.

No, it's the original frame shot. Now normally I wouldn't say anything and wait till someone guesses correctly, like the other games are played. But I wanted to make it clear to participants that original frame shots will be mixed in with the series of altered frame shots.

Frame Shot Three: Chris sorts through her mail as Sharon hands her a letter.

The original frame shot or something unusual?

Just speaking for myself, I think it would help if we had some idea of how, exactly, the frame is meant to be unusual. I mean, in that first one you simply photoshopped an element from a different shot into that shot. Excellent Photoshop work, I'll admit, but is that how all of these frames are going to be "unusual"? By having something altered, added, or removed digitally? Or something from another frame composited into the frames? And should we look for logical changes, or just changes made because because you can?

Is the game just a test of visual observation, or of knowledge of the movie, or of detection of a meaning in the changes?

Not trying to be a smartass, btw, (maybe I'm being a dumbass), just trying to get the rules right and understand the object of the game.

Just speaking for myself, I think it would help if we had some idea of how, exactly, the frame is meant to be unusual.
Visual icons of The Exorcist are used only or visuals related to the story.

I mean, in that first one you simply photoshopped an element from a different shot into that shot. Excellent Photoshop work, I'll admit, but is that how all of these frames are going to be "unusual"?
Yes, some will simply have elements from another visual of the film. Some may not.

By having something altered, added, or removed digitally? Or something from another frame composited into the frames?
Yes, something will be altered or added. If there were no alterations, then by default it's the original frame shot. Most of the elements I used are from other frames of the movie.

And should we look for logical changes, or just changes made because because you can?
It may be logical (example the old pendant found at the excavation site embedded in the background of the excavation site), some may not, but at the very least it will be a visual icon of The Exorcist and or the story.

Is the game just a test of visual observation, or of knowledge of the movie, or of detection of a meaning in the changes?
A lot relies on visual observation, and some on knowledge of the movie/story. It's one of those games if you're not looking for it, then it is virtually invisible. But once it's revealed where it is, you wonder how you even missed it.

Not trying to be a smartass, btw, (maybe I'm being a dumbass), just trying to get the rules right and understand the object of the game.
No worries, if members are stumped, I will then provide hints.

Okay, I think I get it.

So, in this one, is it one of Regan's creepy faces placed into the bottom right two window panes that are visible?

Do I get a go? I've got one ready.

Or are players competing against each other?

Okay thnx.

This one will probably be immediately obvious for hardcore Exorcisors like yourself. Might be easily missed by casual watchers of the film, I'm not sure.

Hehe! You're good!

Hehe! You're good!
For those players who didn't pick it, in this frame Regan has cat's eyes with a cat's narrow pupils. In the original, her eyes were normal. Well, normal for a devil-possessed girl, that is.