🌟 Star Trek, TOS 🌟

Tools    

Plexiglass walkway? I'm thinking more along the lines of transparent aluminum. But you can't have a transparent walkway aboard the ship due to the mechanism under the floor that produces the artificial gravity which cannot be made transparent.

The windows on the left in the tos image may be viewing screens, like on the bridge, which may show the outside of the ship from another angle. Just a guess.
You get a No-Prize for your explanation in the 2nd paragraph!

As to the giant viewing windows - I always wondered about them - if they are as tall as they appear you should see a horizontal deck running across them somewhere, especially as how they are toward the underside of the ship. Maybe they are windows into the Enterprise's lower deck giant swimming pool (that's 50 ft. deep!). Crew members could swim while looking out into space!

Reminds me of a resort I went to that had a window in a below-ground bar that looked into the swimming pool!

Thanks for posting that, it was an interesting read...I'd heard a lot of that in first hand interviews on STTNG bluray extras and on the ST movies DVD extras.

The writers of STTNG were frustrated that Roddenberry had declared that humans in the 24th century had to be perfect, n especially Starfleet crew. The writers of STTNG said they couldn't create friction between the crew, as the crew always needed to get along like good little officers That put the emphasis on the alien/disease/anomaly of the week idea of writing, which is very episodic.

I agree with the article that when Rick Berman took over for Roddenberry in the third season, the show starting finding it's footing and got a lot better...and I think that's why Deep Space Nine was so dynamically written, as it was the first ST show created without Roddenberry and they were able to show a less perfect view of Starfleet.

Of course Roddenberry deserves much credit, but like the article said he's not the only person responsible for the Star Trek universe.

Who is this and which episode was he in?

He was in Errand of Mercy. He was one of the Orgainiens (sp?) that sat on the council. He was the one that was disgusted by the acts of violence that Kirk and the Klingon Kor had planned in their mind. I just seen the actor who played Kor the other night on DS9.

Who said this?

"You were just thinking of someone like me. I'm guessing of course, but you do look a little lonely."
My only other guess is that it was from The Consciousness of the King? If not correct, can you reveal the answer?

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
He was in Errand of Mercy. He was one of the Orgainiens (sp?) that sat on the council. He was the one that was disgusted by the acts of violence that Kirk and the Klingon Kor had planned in their mind. I just seen the actor who played Kor the other night on DS9.
Correct!

Peter Brocco as Claymare

Errand of Mercy

My only other guess is that it was from The Consciousness of the King? If not correct, can you reveal the answer?
It is from the episode The Man Trap

UHURA (to crewmen) The door to my quarters still rattles when it opens. Would you stop by and see if you can do something about it? Thanks, Bobby. (Green changes into African crewman) Crewman, do I know you?
CREWMAN: In a way, ma'am. You were just thinking of someone like me. I'm guessing of course, but you do look a little lonely.
UHURA: I see. So naturally, when I'm lonely I think of you.
CREWMAN: Ina cuvanea mwanamke turee.
UHURA: Una kafeeri Hur. You're Swahili?
KIRK [OC]: Lieutenant Uhura to the Bridge. (the crewman begins to reach for her face) Lieutenant Uhura to the Bridge.
RAND: I'd better get this tray back. Bye, Beauregard.
SULU: Wait a minute, I'll walk along.
KIRK [OC]: Lieutenant Uhura, report to the Bridge.
UHURA: Lieutenant Uhura. On my way, sir.

Ah, I remember the scene now. That might have been the first time a TV character spoke Swahili in an episode.
Could he. It was certainly the first episode featuring a Swahili speaking salt sucker.

Incidentally, Errand of Mercy was the first episode with Klingons.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
What episode was he in?

I don't remember the actor's name, but he looks like Morla from the episode "Wolf in the Fold".