MoFo Health Thread

Tools    

⬆️ Yikes, TMI.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Makes a big difference being outside. I never do any treadmill work.
Get a partner and do pads, I'm not a fan of heavy bag either. Do pads and rope, sorts the men from the boys.

I get the anti-treadmill sentiment, I loathe it. I'm not a fan of being outside running at 3 a.m. or using public roads for running/biking. We are semi-rural, so there are no sidewalks anywhere.

When you say ropes, do you mean battle ropes?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
My kids are on the up and up. Jackson no longer has pneumonia and Miles seems to be getting over his snot filled rough nights.

Can I finally sleep? Doubtful.

Suspect's Reviews

Unregistered User
I get the anti-treadmill sentiment, I loathe it. I'm not a fan of being outside running at 3 a.m. or using public roads for running/biking. We are semi-rural, so there are no sidewalks anywhere.

When you say ropes, do you mean battle ropes?

That's understandable.. No I meant skipping rope. Battle ropes are great too, I hate them but I sometimes stick them in during an arm day and its a killer.

Taking the counsel of a well-known attorney, I broke out the rope. Pretty sure I was 75% of the way to blowing out my Achilles. Exercise is for the birds, I don't have another 30 mins to stretch

I really like jumping rope. There is a certain amount of attention it requires (unlike running for me) that really gets me focused. It is a lot different than what I remember as a kid.

Unregistered User
Taking the counsel of a well-known attorney, I broke out the rope. Pretty sure I was 75% of the way to blowing out my Achilles. Exercise is for the birds, I don't have another 30 mins to stretch

I really like jumping rope. There is a certain amount of attention it requires (unlike running for me) that really gets me focused. It is a lot different than what I remember as a kid.

Good work DD. I could never talk during it, always put me off.

Still pounding the pavements, should be up to 83 miles for the month, by the end of this week. Training actually going better than expected.

Still lifting regularly here. Probably about three months now. I'm not usually destroying myself or anything but I try to do a modest amount five times a week, and it seems to be making some difference.

Weight isn't as low as I'd liked, and slow to come off, though one would hope that's because some of it's just muscle, now. We'll see in a few more weeks.

Don’t know if other states have started an “Annual Wellness Visit” combined with Pro-Health Physicians. One can have an annual physical (which I do), but now they push you VERY HARD to have an AWV 6 months after the physical. Pro-Health (don’t know if they are in other states besides CT) must have called me 20 times to make this appt. & they assured me that the AWV is totally free, but there were comments on line that the doctor would make some kind of “diagnosis” that would have to be paid for as an office visit, which, in my case, is $15.

Don’t you know, even though I had the dumb ass AWV, I got a bill for an office visit for that day. Pro-Health told me on the phone it was because doctor mentioned “cholesterol”. Can you believe it?

The amazing thing is that the v. nice young man on the phone (in Texas) told me this is a complete rip off & that he gets 10 to 15 calls like mine every day. We had a long talk & he removed the $15 office visit charge so my balance is now zero.

Good to follow up with these things & question them. The American medical system here to help.

The Bowflex is disassembled and labelled. So if any of youz wanna drive down to North Caroleans, come get it.

Geez Matt, I don't know what to say, except I'll send some positive thoughts your way...You smoke pot, doesn't that help you relax and be at peace? Or does it cause you to feel paranoid and alone? If pot helps you, that's good, but if it creates your problems then try quitting for a month and see if that helps. As far as drinking to help ease the pain goes, I can't see any good coming from the bottom of a bottle.

Have you been screened by a psychiatrist for mental issues? And if you didn't get help from your current psychiatrist, see another one and get some help for yourself, you deserve it! We all have crosses to bear so you're not alone!...A lot of folks have issues that can be treated with the right prescriptions and care regiments.

@matt72582

I hate to hear that Matt. Has anyone ever given you any idea where the health issues come from. Genetic, lifestyle, exposure, etc?

I'm really mixed up about the healthcare system. My sister is a NP and we have had some contentious conversations about healthcare. There is in an inherent problem in how our healthcare is a profit based system and I don't think there will ever be a solution, other than reducing costs/profits, which we all know the answer too.

I got in trouble with someone here about talking about government backed healthcare, so I don't want to tread into that one again. I do believe that America as a country is too prosperous for anyone to go hungry or suffer from lack of healthcare.

Wishing you the best Matt.

The squat-horse rack didn't quite pan out like I had hoped. It works, but that's a low-low go-go. Big difference in the feel, range of motion and safety squatting with the bar in light of that setup.

Unregistered User
The squat-horse rack didn't quite pan out like I had hoped. It works, but that's a low-low go-go. Big difference in the feel, range of motion and safety squatting with the bar in light of that setup.

What about trying with a seat behind you? Box squats I think they are called. So you are just squatting until you reach the seat then back up. Good for technique and less stress on knees.

What about trying with a seat behind you? Box squats I think they are called. So you are just squatting until you reach the seat then back up. Good for technique and less stress on knees.
That sounds like something worth trying.

I've got enough stuff in that shop to make something work until I get the cage. I'm not putting enough weight on there yet, so it's not too bad having to go that low.

I got in trouble with someone here about talking about government backed healthcare, so I don't want to tread into that one again. I do believe that America as a country is too prosperous for anyone to go hungry or suffer from lack of healthcare
America surely is the only country in the world where medical bills can land one in bankruptcy court.

I'm stealing this from someone...

We also don't hold ourselves responsible for our lifestyle choices and expect someone else to fix us for cheap.

⬆️ True. Always flabbergasted by people who don’t get their diabetes under control. The fear of blindness would scare me into doing so, not to mention the potential loss of limbs.

Pulled the trigger on the cage POWER RACK *rawr*

Looking forward to getting proper. Looking forward to having someone else deliver it and me dragging it in piece-by-piece from the driveway