The MoFo pre-1930 Countdown: preliminary thread

→ in
Tools    

sarah f and Frightened Inmate No. 2 both sent in lists bringing the total to 26 (27 with Nope) and the flurry of lists this morning has moved our total number of eligible films into the 60s .

Still just over three-quarters of an hour remaining....

Deadline is officially up ....

.... BUT because it will be a while before Yoda is awake to cancel the banner and also I was only recently advised deadlines for these would be better set to end on a Mon/Tue I'm quite happy to pretend my clock temporarily stopped at 08:59 this morning if any late entries should be forthcoming within the next 48 hours.

See, I can do nice. Besides, I'll be busy triple-checking my data entry and trying to scramble some sort of presentation idea together over the next few days anyway

Oh, and a HUGE "thank you" to all those that have already provided lists and made this countdown possible (and justified my faith in you all)

Also @MovieMeditation said he would send a list for sure, hopefully we can get him too?

So, is it officially a top 50 list then?
It's a Top 50 list at the moment, unless any late stragglers manage to add enough to take it up to a Top 75.

Received Daniel's list, just need him to verify a cpl of questions.

edit: confirmation reveived

I see the banner is now down - thanks go to Chris for putting it up and helping advertise the countdown

Nostromo87 also joins the rollcall of those that have sent a list in

Also @MovieMeditation said he would send a list for sure, hopefully we can get him too?
Yeah I kinda did, didn’t I...

Sorry, I’ve been so busy. I can make a list and sent it in if you want, but I see the deadline is up and I don’t think my list would make the biggest difference. But if you need/want one @Chypmunk just let me know.

Just to say I did already post-comment MM to tell him I'm accepting late lists for today and tomorrow so to send away and it'll be included in the countdown.

List received - just need one tiny piece of clarification and then I can add it

edit: Clarified and added

Ok, the grace period for late lists is now up so no more will be accepted.

Still need to hear from @Nope1172 as his list requires clarification, hopefully he'll be on in the next few days otherwise I'm afraid I'll have no option but to DQ his list (something I'd rather avoid if possible in a timely manner). If you see this Nope - please clear down your Inbox a little and shoot me a PM so we can get to resolving your list and include it in the countdown.

The turnout was decent, thanks again to all who contributed, and whilst we sadly couldn't quite make it to a Top 75 (we made it to the high 60s) we do have a solid Top 50 that I shall begin unveiling some time next week.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Ok, the grace period for late lists is now up so no more will be accepted.

Still need to hear from @Nope1172 as his list requires clarification, hopefully he'll be on in the next few days otherwise I'm afraid I'll have no option but to DQ his list (something I'd rather avoid if possible in a timely manner). If you see this Nope - please clear down your Inbox a little and shoot me a PM so we can get to resolving your list and include it in the countdown.

The turnout was decent, thanks again to all who contributed, and whilst we sadly couldn't quite make it to a Top 75 (we made it to the high 60s) we do have a solid Top 50 that I shall begin unveiling some time next week.
WONDERFUL news, Chyp!!
And of course, THANK YOU for tackling this huge endeavor. It is NOT easy from what I've seen in past Countdowns and the valiant work of those who have hosted them. So, THANK YOU!

VERY excited to see your personal touch on the List

VERY excited to see your personal touch on the List
Well .... as it's the 'Silent Era' list I'm thinking it would be perfectly fitting for me to merely provide numbered pictures of film posters and nothing else in the countdown thread proper

#hostingmadeeasy

I think 50 will be good. It's too bad former Mainstays like Camo Swan and Sean couldn't contribute but oh well
Even I could manage to get a list in. The disappointment is great with these ones...