a modest proposal

Tools    

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Would you KINDLY stop overblowing everything I say? I didn't leave "in a huff", I simply left the thread, just like you did after you posted last.

Now play nice before I start making stupid jokes!

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by ash_is_the_gal
WHEREAS celebrities tend to name their offspring ridiculous and/or tongue-twisting things like Peaches and Tiger Lily Leilani (Bob Geldof and Paula Yates), Apple (Gwyneth Paltrow), and Phinneas (Julia Roberts), thereby ensuring their crippling isolation and heartless teasing in school,

THEREFORE I do decree that all celebrities be sterilized upon receiving their Screen Actors Guild card or their first record contract.

I propose we sterilize anyone who proposes such a proposal.

Unfortunately I think the press and rag mags, in their greed, have made anyone in public eye a target for such silly things as this. Personally, I really don't care what names celebrities choose. It's their business....just as it was my business when it came time to choose the names for my kids.

My kids go to school with kids of diverse cultures and some of the names are very different and unique....and some are tongue twisters. It's pretty cool for them to realize that not everyone is the same and should be accepted for who they are.

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
Would you KINDLY stop overblowing everything I say? I didn't leave "in a huff", I simply left the thread, just like you did after you posted last.

Originally Posted by Aniko
I propose we sterilize anyone who proposes such a proposal.
Is there some sort of sign in sheet?

I happen to like the names Julia Roberts chose for her kids. Something about Hazel Patricia and Phinneaus Walter that I find classy and elegant.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

I am having a nervous breakdance
Has anybody ever wondered why Zowie Bowie changed his name to Joe?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Something to do with Duncan.

Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
Something to do with Duncan.

Duncan MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Duncan MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod?

You and I both know that there can only be ONE!

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
= Zowie MacLeod.
Others know him as Joey Z.

Let's not dis the kilts...I own three and I sport the hell out of em'.

Pictures, man! Pictures!
(please?)

I have one pic but my slip is showing in that one. I'll have to get more.

...Did you find your family plaid?
Of course...

...haven't heard it called that, before.
I was kidding about the slip...

You're a Genius all the time
The all-time greatest stupid celebrity baby name award goes to Jason "Mallrats & My Name is Earl" Lee for naming his son Pilot Inspektor. Pilot Inspektor Lee, folks.