Happy Veterans Day

Tools    

"The desert ripped something from me; while in the distance the oil burned.

Without permission it ripped a piece my soul away, a part of me that is forever gone.

The stinging grimy wind a painful reminder of where I was and why.

The warnings of alarms were ignorantly discounted, their wails are now transposed into to the cries of hurting and dying soldiers left alone on the worst place to be called a battlefield – their own county. "

How does one fight the thing they sacrificed so much for? How does a man or woman not release the anger that festers inside their own heart? How does one forgive utter betrayal from the very nation that put them in harm’s way?

The “entitled”, the coattail riders, the cheerleaders, the lazy, the bleeding hearts, the skeptics, the judgmental, and the haters only create more confusion and discord. Ideology blinding them and pushing them away, the capacity to care or to love not even a consideration.

Why do We go on if our deeds and losses are walked on like they are nothing, or even worse, that they are inferior to nothing? Fear and complacency would have been a better choice in some corrupted minds.

We go on because we were born to endure and raised to love and to protect, fight and die for our brothers and sisters both in uniform and out. We go on because we have to go on; there is not another option to us on this side of the grave. Many of us fall into the cracks of society, or suffer and in many cases die waiting for relief that will never come because those same brothers and sisters We made a stand for have turned their backs. We never asked for special treatment, never asked for awards and medals or a hand out. We only want love, understanding, compassion, and the promises that were made to us when we volunteered to be kept.

Many of us only want the nightmares to go away, the pain to stop, the heartache we cause our families to end. Some are fortunate to achieve these things, but so many are not and they live in torment every moment of every day. If our fellow citizens could learn or be willing to reciprocate in even the smallest manner it would make a huge difference for so many
We are the ones that stood guard, the ones that chased away those desiring to hurt us. We did the jobs that few wanted or could do and we do not belittle them for it because those people are why we did it all and would do it again if needed.

We are the volunteers, the comrades in arms, the women and the men that care more deeply for our country than we do ourselves. We love the place we call home and we would die for it and the freedoms it allows us all.

We are Veterans and we will always stand and fight, either on the battlefield or on the streets of our cities, for our families and neighbors.

Happy Veteran’s Day

God and the soldier, we adore
In time of danger, not before
The danger passed, and all things righted
God is forgotten, and the soldier slighted

- Rudyard Kipling