ash_is_the_gal's Top 100, 2nd edition

→ in
Tools    

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Great list so far Ash. Made me interested in checking out so many films. Amazing how different it is to your previous list

From your latest batch I really like District 9 (love the ending) and love Amelie. Also quite a few I've been wanting to watch for a while - Fisher King, Fish Called Wanda, Harold and Maude and Glengarry Glen Ross

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Harold and Maude was nothing to me. But my favorites on your list are Citizen Kane, Wizard of Oz, and Some Like it Hot. Good job with the list thus far.

The Wizard of Oz (1939)

"Oh please, Professor, why can't we go with you and see all the Crowned Heads of Europe?"
"Do you know any? Oh, you mean the... thing. Yes."
What made you drop this over 50 places?

GOOD LIST. A fewe things I don't really care for, but nothing I dislike.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
and just what don't you care for, happycyclist? it better not be anything we watched together, boy. (The Petrified Forest, Heavenly Creatures, and Suddenly, Last Summer?)

@planet- call me weird, but many times i have inconsistent reactions to movies when i re-watch them. it probably has more to do with me and my moods then it does with the actual movie. i still love The Wizard of Oz a lot. i'll probably put it on my Top 10 again soon.

and just what don't you care for, happycyclist? it better not be anything we watched together, boy. (The Petrified Forest, Heavenly Creatures, and Suddenly, Last Summer?)
I don't really like Tideland, actually. I thought it was good initially, and then it went down in my estimation when I watched it with you. The weakest Gilliam I've seen (though I haven't seen Brothers Grimm).

I don't really like Tideland, actually. I thought it was good initially, and then it went down in my estimation when I watched it with you. The weakest Gilliam I've seen (though I haven't seen Brothers Grimm).
ah. so what about the ones i listed?

The weakest Gilliam I've seen (though I haven't seen Brothers Grimm).
Oh, don't do that to yourself, HC.

I watched that with a friend and, in hindsight, I think I'd have rather taken a bullet for her.

Is white trash beautiful
Great choices Ash I love The Wizard of Oz , your got some great films here and I'm sure that there will be more Bette Davis to come.

hey, i just noticed this.

>implying that watching films with me make for lesser experiences.

Everything stated on this page is true.

In reality, though, I saw Tideland in a special screening followed by a Q&A session with Gilliam himself. And the guy is so charming maybe my opinion was skewed a little.

Sunset Boulevard (1950)

"We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!"

Being John Malkovich (1999)

"Do you know what a metaphysical can of worms this portal is?"

Mean Creek (2004)

"My name is George... and this... is the inside of my mind."

Before Sunset (2004)

"I feel like if someone were to touch me, I'd dissolve into molecules."

This Is England (2006)

"Honestly mate, you look sterling."

Shallow Grave (1994)

"They went up there alive and came back down dead! Did you notice that? The difference, I mean: alive, dead, dead, alive, that sort of thing?"

Wall-e (2008)

United 93 (2006)

"Of the four aircraft hijacked that day, United 93 was the only one that did not reach its target. It crashed near Shanksville, Pennsylvania at 10:03am. No one survived."

A Room For Romeo Brass (1999)

"What if a man came up to you in the street and says to you 'I'd like to spend the rest of my life with you', would you think it was weird?"

Pride & Prejudice (2005)

"Not all of us can afford to be romantic, Lizzie."

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Nice batch Ash. I've got huge love for Sunset Boulevard, Being John Malkovich and Wall-e.