ash_is_the_gal's Top 100

→ in
Tools    

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Hmmm, this is a very interesting list thus far. You've got me intrigued..

I remember Now and Then. I remember as a kid I desperately wanted to see it because I had a MASSIVE crush on Christina Ricci. From what I remember it was a pretty good coming of age drama. But yeah, i'm interested to see the next batch. Keep 'em comin', doll
i think Now and Then, for me, is one of those that came out when i was just about 13, and i just had to see it. i loved it at the time. i've caught it on TV a couple times since then, and it always comes off really corny now, but its still a guilty pleasure.

I didn't think you liked Barton Fink that much. We watched it together, didn't we?

I love the Coens. Lebowski, Fargo and Barton Fink would be in my top twenty. As would American Splendour.
we didn't watch Barton Fink together, you recommended it to me when we first started dating. we watched American Splendor together, though! and honey, you have to spell it Splendor, not 'Spendlour'. as to why, see the word before it!

American Splendor is the most striking one out the list so far. Surprised to say that in the same list as The Dentist. This one's going to be unpredictable..
do most people's list have a 'theme' by tens or something? well. this one doesn't. i just listed 'em and ranked 'em.

----------

except the next ten: soon!

I may say pants meaning trousers, I may say mom meaning mum, but I'll never drop the 'U's in 'colour' or 'splendour'. It's a national pride thing. You have... er... Wendy's and we have 'U's.

I may say pants meaning trousers, I may say mom meaning mum, but I'll never drop the 'U's in 'colour' or 'splendour'. It's a national pride thing. You have... er... Wendy's and we have 'U's.
well. my point was, its an American movie. but fine. have it your way!

oh, and i have 0 pride over Wendy's. what a thing to say!

Chicken Run (2000)

"Ladies, please. Let's not lose our heads."
"Lose our heads? Aaaahh."

Boogie Nights (1997)

"I am a star. I'm a star, I'm a star, I'm a star. I am a big, bright, shining star. That's right."

Ghost World (2001)

"I can't relate to 99% of humanity."

Repulsion (1965)

"I must get this crack mended."

Election (1999)

"You can't interfere with destiny. That's why it's destiny. And if you try to interfere, the same thing's going to happen anyway, and you'll just suffer."

Newsies (1992)

"You get your picture in the papes, you're famous. You're famous, you get anything you want. That's what's so great about New York."

Labyrinth (1986)

"I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave."

Little Women (1994)

"We'll all grow up one day, Meg. We might as well know what we want."

Caged (1950)

"What I'd give for a sink full of dirty dishes."

Oh I think I'm going to enjoy this list. It would appear to be very eclectic (others would say "random" I'm sure) and that is probably similar to how my list would be. Wonderful to see Little Women there. I'd probably have it a little higher, but then, this isn't my list.

Oh I think I'm going to enjoy this list. It would appear to be very eclectic (others would say "random" I'm sure) and that is probably similar to how my list would be. Wonderful to see Little Women there. I'd probably have it a little higher, but then, this isn't my list.
it's most definitely going to be a pretty eclectic list. i'm not a one-genre kind of girl.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'm happy to see such a visionary movie as Caged on the list. Can you tell us when and where you saw it and why it struck such a deep personal note with you?

Registered Creature
I want to see Little Women. D:

VERY glad to see Boogie Nights on your list. It could have been higher but at least it's there, so i'll give you that. As you might know, it made it very high onto my list. What did you like about it anyways?

Chicken Run? Hmm... I always thought it looked obnoxious. And it has leatherface Mel Gibson in. But I might watch it if it comes on telly.

Boogie Nights is amazing. Probably in my top five; all of PT Anderson's films are in my top thirty.

I'm happy to see such a visionary movie as Caged on the list. Can you tell us when and where you saw it and why it struck such a deep personal note with you?
actually, i only recently saw Caged--about a month ago or so. but i loved it so. i find the writing brilliant and colorful. its tense, gripping very realistic and even dare i say a little campy, which only adds to the experience of watching it. and Eleanor Parker is a revelation. her transformation from sweet innocent into a hard bitten broad is unreal! its so seamless.

VERY glad to see Boogie Nights on your list. It could have been higher but at least it's there, so i'll give you that. As you might know, it made it very high onto my list. What did you like about it anyways?
i've only seen Boogie Nights twice--the first time was about 4 or 5 years ago--and at the time, i thought it was pretty good, but not amazing. the second time was a few months ago or so, and i appreciated it so much more. when i was making this list, i read into this film a bit more, and when i found out Paul Thomas Anderson was only 27-years-old [that's only three years older than me, folks!] when he wrote this, i felt nearly humbled. especially since this is probably one of the best and most realistic potrayals of the 80's i have ever seen, and he was just a young teen at the time.

Chicken Run? Hmm... I always thought it looked obnoxious. And it has leatherface Mel Gibson in. But I might watch it if it comes on telly.
its not obnoxious, its lovely, but your millage may vary.

Majo no takkyûbin
Kiki's Delivery Service (1989)

a cute, candy colored film.

"Smile so we can make a good impression."

The Motorcycle Diaries (2004)

"How is it possible to feel nostalgia for a world I never knew?"

Ôdishon
Audition (1999)

"Kiri kiri kiri kiri kiri kiri!"

Adaptation (2002)

"To begin... To begin... How to start? I'm hungry. I should get coffee. Coffee would help me think. Maybe I should write something first, then reward myself with coffee. Coffee and a muffin. Okay, so I need to establish the themes. Maybe a banana-nut. That's a good muffin."

Punch-drunk Love (2002)

"I didn't do anything. I'm a nice man. I mind my own business. So you tell me 'that's that' before I beat the hell from you. I have so much strength in me you have no idea. I have a love in my life. It makes me stronger than anything you can imagine. I would say 'that's that', Mattress Man."

Hey, it's got a Miike flick and Labyrinth so it's ok by me

Strangely, the a lot of the films seem to be all the ones i've heard about but never seen, nor know much about. Would love to read your reasoning or a bit about each film on the list. Either way though, keep it up

i'm sorry, should i be giving a few comments on each film? i wanted to, but i'm not really good at doing reviews and the like. i'll try, though.

i'm sorry, should i be giving a few comments on each film? i wanted to, but i'm not really good at doing reviews and the like. i'll try, though.
I'm also dreadful with writing reviews. Although you did very well answering Marks question, so I am sure you are a lot better at it than I am. I like your idea. A favorite quote, with each movie. I did that by making a favorite movie scene. Well, two to three scenes per movie, and I put them all together in one video clip. My way takes forever to do, though. Which is one of the reasons why I'm very behind with mine. I need to work up a horror genre set, very soon. Very soon!

I don't think there is any rule that says you must. What you're doing is fine, keep up the good work.