Moonrise Kingdom - new Wes Anderson!

Tools    

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Massively looking forward to this. Would be anyway as I'm a huge Wes Anderson fan, but when you add in the trailer and the tremendous reviews then you have one of my must sees for the year.

To me she always has this look like she's too good for anyone. Not because of how she looks, but how she acts and her attitude. That's all.
She seems really nice and down to earth(as Skepsis93 mentioned also) according to some friends of mine who went to a cinema festival she held near where she lives in Scotland. I was ever so jealous that they got to go, it was called Ballerina Ballroom Cinema of Dreams.

and seeing her play a lesbian in a lesbian film was kind of creepy.
Do you mean Female Perversions? It's one of the weaker films she has done, but don't see what was so creepy about it.

I definitely don't think she is one of the best actresses out there.
Who do you think are some of the best out there?

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
can i just say i ****ing love ~ Swinton? well, i do. i ****ing love ~ Swinton, but i've seen enough of her filmography to know how amazing she is. easily in the top 3 most talented actresses around today.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
I'm looking more forward to Jason Shwartzman than most of the other actors in the movie, lol.

For me, nothing will top "Rushmore". But nevertheless, this has received an almost unanimously positive response from all of my Wes Anderson-loving friends.

Also, I'm surprised that anyone could possibly dislike Tilda Swinton. She's a great actress who does great work. Plus, she looks like she could be Conan O'Brien's sister:

No, THIS is what one of Conan's real life sisters looks like. She had a supporting role in the boxing movie The Fighter. Sadly for her, she looks just like Conan.

As for Moonrise Kingdom, as with all of Wes Anderson's movies, the true star is Wes Anderson. But he does have a knack for casting, and I adore his ever-growing stable of a stock company.

*oh, and one of the many, MANY reasons I have never become a moderator on this site is that any member who admitted that Katherine Heigl is a favorite while at the same time hating Tilda Swinton...I would INSTANTLY ban said person.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Tilda Swinton is too alien looking for me, she hasn't really done a role that I like either.

Looking forward to this flick though, The Royal Tenenbaums is my favourite Wes Anderson flick.

Suspect's Reviews

And yes Female Perversions is probably the movie and it creeped me out because she seemed very demanding and standoffish in the part, like she always seems to me
That was really one point of the film, her personality in it. But I'm ignoring you now on the Tilda Swinton front for obvious reasons.

*oh, and one of the many, MANY reasons I have never become a moderator on this site is that any member who admitted that Katherine Heigl is a favorite while at the same time hating Tilda Swinton...I would INSTANTLY ban said person.
This. Not ban though, you would get the cane:

Swinton's not the bog standard Hollywood actress who just pouts and occasionally pulls in a crowd of teeny-boppers, and it gives her an unknown edge that most people haven't ever seen before.
Most people are into the Twilight and Underworld thing these days and reckon that's acting.

I can see the points made about Tilda, but to be objective, she's an aquired taste due to the fact that she can actually act rather than just pout and poke her backside out in a sexy fashion.
And she has more than one facial expression.

Personally, I see her as a fantastic actress but I can totally see why some people find her difficult to get into because she is, quite simply, an acting talent that isn't seen very often in, well, anything these days.

I'm definitely more interested in seeing Moonrise Kingdom now. Cheers everyone!