Reserved Seating

Tools    

Was not quite sure where to post this and I did not see a thread about the topic after searching so if there is one I do apologize.

How many of you out there have used this option and does it work very well? Our local AMC just got this option and we are going to give it a go this weekend with Thor. How do they keep just anyone sitting in your seat, should we still arrive real early just in case?

It seems like it would be difficult to do in a theater, but they must have a good system if they have it in so many different areas.

Anyway thanks for any feedback.

My local theater converted to this system not long ago. The seats are numbered and your assigned number appears on your ticket just like if you were to attend a sports game or a concert at an arena. You also get to choose your seats when you purchase the tickets. I've not had any issues, but I would assume that if you find somebody in your seat and they refuse to move, you'd just need to tell a theater employee and have them handle it. I like it because you don't have to worry about getting there super early, but on the other hand if you're planning to attend a showing that might be crowded, it's best to buy a day or two in advance.

My theater also reduced the number of seats per screen and replaced the old seats with larger, reclining chairs.

My local theater converted to this system not long ago. The seats are numbered and your assigned number appears on your ticket just like if you were to attend a sports game or a concert at an arena. You also get to choose your seats when you purchase the tickets. I've not had any issues, but I would assume that if you find somebody in your seat and they refuse to move, you'd just need to tell a theater employee and have them handle it. I like it because you don't have to worry about getting there super early, but on the other hand if you're planning to attend a showing that might be crowded, it's best to buy a day or two in advance.

My theater also reduced the number of seats per screen and replaced the old seats with larger, reclining chairs.

Thank for the info.

I just was not sure how those that had not reserved seats know not to sit in those that were. Are there signs, ushers, etc...?

I have never been to a movie theater where there was anything that said I could not sit in a seat unless it was already physically taken.

I just was not sure how those that had not reserved seats know not to sit in those that were. Are there signs, ushers, etc...?
At my theater, every seat is assigned. Whether you purchase in advance or just show up, when you go to the box office you're shown a screen with available seating and you choose which seat(s) you want. So if someone doesn't have an assigned seat, they're not supposed to be there at all.

I'm not sure how they handle purchases made through Fandango (I refused to pay their fees), though I assume it's probably similar to purchasing concert tickets from Ticketmaster or whatever.

At my theater, every seat is assigned. Whether you purchase in advance or just show up, when you go to the box office you're shown a screen with available seating and you choose which seat(s) you want. So if someone doesn't have an assigned seat, they're not supposed to be there at all.

I'm not sure how they handle purchases made through Fandango (I refused to pay their fees), though I assume it's probably similar to purchasing concert tickets from Ticketmaster or whatever.

Makes sense, not what I am used too, but I actually like it.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
One theater in Winston has assigned seating and I'm still up in the air. If I'm buying tickets for a family or a group, it sounds great. Everybody sitting together, no worries, no stress trying to get there.

If I'm going with a group and it's a thrown together outing, we drive to other side of town, wait in line and then find out we can't sit together... I am the guy that wants to get there as early as I can, so I can sit in the middle clear of the projector wash.

It is what it is. I try everyday to be kind (Patton Oswalt), BUT... When I get to a theater early, I'm not gonna move so you can come in during the trailers and musical chair me.

The theater nearest us has a reserved section; there are sounds on each row and the seats look different from the others. People still sit in them pretty much every time, but there's an usher around before the movie who'll go over and check the stubs.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
My lasagna is amazing if I do say myself. Especially my colourful vegetarian with Feee d the man mushrooms and spinach. Made it for aaicilian once and he could not believe it wasn't full of meat garlic and red wine. I may have inhaled that last one

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
there's a couple of theaters like that near me. One has specialized seating broken down in sections that include lounge chair seating with different pricing.
Haven't tried it myself. Heard good things by people who have though.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
U thought this only happened at the Oscar's, otherwise I don't understand the need for it