Movie HALL of FAME Archives & Info

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
should work for me too!

Legend in my own mind
Sure

The trick is not minding
I might watch films for a potential third Noir HoF now, so I actually have a nomination ready for whenever it starts haha.
Noir is due for another HOF! I also have a nomination in mind for it, should we do one some time soon.
After the other HOF we have planned in the coming months behind Best Picture, Musical (Once Gbgoodies is well enough to return), a couple more comedies in 15 year intervals (1990-2005 and 2005-current) and a third Western citizen has mentioned.....yes, either after or during a few of those haha.
What? I’m not obsessed or anything 😏

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Noir is due for another HOF! I also have a nomination in mind for it, should we do one some time soon.
After the other HOF we have planned in the coming months behind Best Picture, Musical (Once Gbgoodies is well enough to return), a couple more comedies in 15 year intervals (1990-2005 and 2005-current) and a third Western citizen has mentioned.....yes, either after or during a few of those haha.
What? I’m not obsessed or anything 😏
WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!

So, with Japanese and Comedy wrapped up, and western due to finish on the 10th, best picture is next right?
Yup, should be starting very soon.

The trick is not minding
Definitely. Starting next week if everyone's good for it
Raul are you still doing the Best Picture HoF?
If he hasn’t fixed his issue with the site yet, and considering he has yet to post the results with the Japanese HOF due to the issue, I don’t think he has. someone else is free to host another if they want to.

If he hasn’t fixed his issue with the site yet, and considering he has yet to post the results with the Japanese HOF due to the issue, I don’t think he has. someone else is free to host another if they want to.
We don't actually have a schedule for what HoFs go next. And we can have more than a couple HoF at one time. So what HoF do you want to do? I'm in the mood to host one

The trick is not minding
We don't actually have a schedule for what HoFs go next. And we can have more than a couple HoF at one time. So what HoF do you want to do? I'm in the mood to host one
Right, I wasn’t suggesting we had a schedule. It was more of “If we’re waiting on Raul first, we don’t have to” type thing.
Gbgoodies wants to be a part of the musical HOF when she returns, so that can wait.
I know some of us were interested in a Noir HOF.
Was anyone else interested in a particular HOF? Either to host or participate in?
If so, bows the time to speak up

Right, I wasn’t suggesting we had a schedule. It was more of “If we’re waiting on Raul first, we don’t have to” type thing.
Gbgoodies wants to be a part of the musical HOF when she returns, so that can wait.
Was anyone else interested in a particular HOF? Either to host or participate in?
Oh yeah that makes sense about waiting, I see what you mean now. I agree too.

So yeah wait on the musical for gbg for sure. Noir would be cool. The first two Noir Hofs I hosted were for "Hollywood's classical film noir period is generally regarded as ranging from 1941 to 1958." but I wonder if that should be opened up to include any year from any country as long as it was noir? What do you think?

The trick is not minding
Oh yeah that makes sense about waiting, I see what you mean now. I agree too.

So yeah wait on the musical for gbg for sure. Noir would be cool. The first two Noir Hofs I hosted were for "Hollywood's classical film noir period is generally regarded as ranging from 1941 to 1958." but I wonder if that should be opened up to include any year from any country as long as it was noir? What do you think?
Opening it up would make it possible to nominate a lot of the French New Wave noir in the 60’s and bro-noir of the 70’s and beyond. That would work well for fans of the genre.

Opening it up would make it possible to nominate a lot of the French New Wave noir in the 60’s and bro-noir of the 70’s and beyond. That would work well for fans of the genre.
People at different times have wanted to do a Worst Movie HoF, I'm not totally sure how that would work? but it sounds fun.

The trick is not minding
People at different times have wanted to do a Worst Movie HoF, I'm not totally sure how that would work? but it sounds fun.
Oh man. Do we really want to subject people to that? I mean, can you imagine Miss Vicky in this? 😆 one can imagine her reviews.

But really, I’m up for what ever.

Oh man. Do we really want to subject people to that? I mean, can you imagine Miss Vicky in this? 😆 one can imagine her reviews.

Cricket once had a neat idea that never got done...

Originally Posted by cricket
I thought of an idea for a HoF that's a little more unconventional. A person would win rather than a particular movie. Say there's 10 members. Each person would pick a different movie for each member that they haven't seen, based on what they have crossed out on the different MoFo lists. 10 members could mean 100 movies even if each member watched just 10. At the end, points would be totaled based on who gave that movie to watch. CR tells me to watch Schindler's List and that's my favorite, then CR gets 10 points, and so on. Kind of like a personal recommendation HoF.

I like it, it's very different and should be fun! You should do it....I'd join

An idea tweak: you might get more people to join like gbgoodies if each member had the option to reject a movie chosen for them. In which case the person who suggested it, gets to choose again. The reason being I know gbgoodies has said she doesn't join Hofs because she doesn't want to comment to watching movies blind. And seeing how your idea is about getting points for choosing a movie another member would love, then having the ability to reject the choice would actual make sense.
and that conversation went on about that idea for a few pages.

Cricket once had a neat idea that never got done...

Originally Posted by cricket
I thought of an idea for a HoF that's a little more unconventional. A person would win rather than a particular movie. Say there's 10 members. Each person would pick a different movie for each member that they haven't seen, based on what they have crossed out on the different MoFo lists. 10 members could mean 100 movies even if each member watched just 10. At the end, points would be totaled based on who gave that movie to watch. CR tells me to watch Schindler's List and that's my favorite, then CR gets 10 points, and so on. Kind of like a personal recommendation HoF.

I like it, it's very different and should be fun! You should do it....I'd join

An idea tweak: you might get more people to join like gbgoodies if each member had the option to reject a movie chosen for them. In which case the person who suggested it, gets to choose again. The reason being I know gbgoodies has said she doesn't join Hofs because she doesn't want to comment to watching movies blind. And seeing how your idea is about getting points for choosing a movie another member would love, then having the ability to reject the choice would actual make sense.
and that conversation went on about that idea for a few pages.
So, on a Discord server (I know, me and my Discord haha), we did something really fun called “Secret Cinema.” I have no idea where it would go in MoFo since it’s not a HoF, there’s no winner and no ranking. It’s basically Secret Santa with movies, cricket’s idea just reminded me of it.

The trick is not minding
I like Crickets idea. Kind of like a book club type thing. But I think something like that would work best independently from the HOF.
That being said, I do like his idea.