Biopics you'd like to see made, and who you'd cast...

Tools    

Self explanatory again.

Do you have a favourite deceased icon whose life you'd like to see made into a movie?

If so, who would you cast in the lead role?

Here's mine: - Bill Hicks played by John Cusack.

He's too old now, but I think the young John Cusack would have done a fine job as Bill.

What do you think? Who would you like to see in a Biopic?

there's a frog in my snake oil
Marie Stopes

Played by ???, Emma Thompson & Phyllida Law (Emma's mum)

She's not exactly an icon. She's complicated. A 'balls out' rule-breaking feminist who: broke into the boys club of science; wrote an influential book on sex while still a virgin; fell in love with a Japanese gentleman almost twice her age, lost him, & charged across unchargeable bits of Japan instead looking for fossilised plants (admittedly while being carried occasionally); failed to join Scott of the Antarctic on his journey, but taught him enough that he dragged 16kgs of rock with him to his death - rocks that solved Darwin's 'abominable' Gondwana problem; and was a eugenicist.

I don't have a suggestion at the moment but, Used Future, you're absolutely right about Hicks/Cusack. I'd never noticed it, but he'd have been perfect about 10 years ago.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
How about a movie about the life of infamous professional wrestling icon Bobby "the Brain" Heenan? His autobiography is pretty entertaining, and I think that Paul Giamatti could play him. It could cover his career in the WWF as well as his personal life and battle with cancer.

I think It would work.

Oh wait, I didn't see the "Deceased" part...Bobby Heenan is still alive and well.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I don't have a suggestion at the moment but, Used Future, you're absolutely right about Hicks/Cusack. I'd never noticed it, but he'd have been perfect about 10 years ago.
I think Cusack would have been ideal for a number of different roles 10 years ago. I don't think by any means he’s past it, just that there was potential that wasn't reached. I remember him having a fanny fit when he was interviewed, i think by Jonathan Ross, who said he was one of those actors who was famous but not a house hold name. True but an irrelevant thing to say to him. Cusack would also have made a great Holden Caulfield, but that time has been and passed.

Biopics for me... erm Christopher Isherwood. Guy Pearce comes to mind but im sure theres better out there to play him. Maybe some one more English.

I don't think Cusack is past it either, he could still do it and he may well still be the right person for it but, considering how old Hicks was when he died, I just thought that he'd have been perfect for the part 10 years ago. As for Cusack, I think he's great and I'd watch him in almost anything.

the thing with a bio-picture is that the actor is more that likley going to have to play the person at different stages of their life anyway... a little make up could make it work. Just look at Marion Cotillard in La Vie En Rose

I think that a biopic covering the life and controversial double homicide of WWE wrestler Chris Benoit has potential for a good psychological interpretation of that man's state of mind. Benoit was the strong silent type in and out of the ring. But his old colleagues have revealed a somewhat darker side to him that hadn't been acknowledged until after he killed himself and his family.

As for the casting..hmm, i'm not sure. Casting Benoit is really difficult. He was a short yet thickly muscled man in his late 30s.. He also had no charisma whatsoever. I'm thinking that maybe a cast against type would be appropriate. Maybe somebody like Alessandro Nivola? I'm thinking him for some reason. Don't ask me why, but I would cast him.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
How about a film about Frank Zappa?

I even know who could play him. Sacha Baron Cohen.

My constant thought throughout Borat was that he really does resemble Frank Zappa. Of course, it would have to be an unconventional film to match it's subject matter, so getting Charlie Kaufman to write the screenplay would be a no brainer, and have it directed by his Being John Malkovich collaborator, Spike Jonze. The music could be supplied by Dweezil Zappa's excellent Zappa Plays Zappa touring band, with Frank's vocals being the original recordings.

I would definitely go see it.

A PHD in Whiskey and Stonerology
Does it have to be a film icon?

Jimi Hendrix

Lead role... Hmmm. This is a touch one, but WTH, I'm going to go on a limb and say...

Samuel L. Jackson

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
^^^ lets make this happen!

I want to see a full on, balls out, true as it gets biopic of Hitler. I don't want a made for tv documentary, I don't a History Channel voiceover. i want the real deal. Massive war scenes, proper German accents. the lot. I think we'll be close with it in the upcoming Valkyrie. not sure who I cast as the little dic(tator), maybe someone like Casey Affleck if he were slightly older and chubbier. with a silly little tash too.

I feel it's about time we saw a Walt Disney biopic but I don't think the corporation would allow it.

Welcome to the human race...
Sawman3 - cool as that may sound, Jackson is waaay too old to be playing Hendrix. Hendrix was 27 when he died. Jackson is nearly 60. it would require a huuuuuge suspension of belief.

Undercoverlover - ever heard of Downfall? Not quite a full biopic of Hitler, but it covers his final days pretty well, and is fairly close to what you're after.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
It's probably good, i havent seen it, but i would like something that tells of his life, you know a kind of view into why he did what he did and how it grew as he got older.

A biopic of Judas would be very interesting as well.

not sure what it says about me that i wanna see biopics of famous evil people but hey, i think theyd be interesting.

I am half agony, half hope.
Barbara Stanwyck done by Jennifer Jason Leigh. Leigh does a homage to Stanwyck on TCM and I think it's an incredibly good match. Stanwyck was an excellent actress and had an interesting personal life. I'd love to see it.

Johann von Goethe

A PHD in Whiskey and Stonerology
Sawman3 - cool as that may sound, Jackson is waaay too old to be playing Hendrix. Hendrix was 27 when he died. Jackson is nearly 60. it would require a huuuuuge suspension of belief.

Undercoverlover - ever heard of Downfall? Not quite a full biopic of Hitler, but it covers his final days pretty well, and is fairly close to what you're after.
Well since this is something of a fantasy thread I was picturing the young Jackson Thus the younger pic of him from Pulp Fiction.

Does it have to be a film icon?

Jimi Hendrix

Lead role... Hmmm. This is a touch one, but WTH, I'm going to go on a limb and say...

Samuel L. Jackson

About Jimmy Hendrix,if not Jackson than maybe Andre Benjamin from Outcast

as for another "Biopic" how about Courtney Cox as Nelly Furtado or the other one around a?A?

Bill Hicks, Pink Floyd, and Jimi Hendrix: good choices.

^^^ lets make this happen!

I want to see a full on, balls out, true as it gets biopic of Hitler. I don't want a made for tv documentary, I don't a History Channel voiceover. i want the real deal. Massive war scenes, proper German accents. the lot. I think we'll be close with it in the upcoming Valkyrie. not sure who I cast as the little dic(tator), maybe someone like Casey Affleck if he were slightly older and chubbier. with a silly little tash too.

I feel it's about time we saw a Walt Disney biopic but I don't think the corporation would allow it.
There already is a hitler biopic, o fhis last days when he becomes insane, it's called Der Untergang and it is a pretty good movie too.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363163/