Joker origin Movie

Tools    

My only gripe about the film,is that,film is set in gotham city however we don t see anything from batman as a background story even...not even newspaper stuff during the film....and i have to add the movie lacks that compelling atmosphere pace we had in the nolan films, the first hour barely any urgency except those killings on the train..i expected a much more compelling story

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned."

A bucket of anxiety
My only gripe about the film,is that,film is set in gotham city however we don t see anything from batman as a background story even...not even newspaper stuff during the film....and i have to add the movie lacks that compelling atmosphere pace we had in the nolan films, the first hour barely any urgency except those killings on the train..i expected a much more compelling story
That was one of my issues with it as well but I was told that was my fault for expecting anything resembling a comic book movie in a movie about a comic book character. And I don't just mean from Miss Vicky, I've gotten that response from multiple people.

Another thing if anyonennoticed, but robert de niro works a lot as a comedian, he could do a comedy film

Have you ever seen Analyze This?
it s not like this..

Welcome to the human race...
I don't blame him.

I found this wildly amusing. Haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

One thing about the ending to the movie. I feel like it should have ended
WARNING: "SPOILER" spoilers below
With the riot in the street and the Wayne family killed, rather than the additional ending of the mental asylum scene, which I found to be unnecessary and not as big of a note to end on.

Does anyone else feel that way?

Welcome to the human race...
WARNING: "Joker/Brazil" spoilers below
Eh, not really. It provides the necessary come-down that follows Arthur's most triumphant moment by bringing him back to reality, kind of like the ending of Brazil in that regard. It's basically a reminder that he's still just a troubled human being underneath the infamy and iconography of "Joker" and whether that means he deserves pity or contempt or anything else or everything all at once is left to the audience. That's without mentioning the question of how much of the film involves him being an unreliable narrator and whether or not anything in the third act even happened, but I don't think that's handled particularly well by the film as a whole.

Oh okay, it just felt like instead of going out with a bang, they decided to go out with a bang then credits, but then reload the gun after, before the credits if that makes sense.

It's like how the movie Seven originally wanted to go out with a bang and end one scene earlier, but then they decided to tack on that last scene at the end.