Banned

Tools    

Hey, it's Zotis. Yup, Yoda actually banned me. And he's threatening to make it permanent. Seriously, on the deadline of the Western list, and just for having a little banter with Mojofilter. He gave me an ultimatum: Change my behavior or it's permanent. I'm really shocked by this, and I don't know what to do. How can you be an active member of a community for 6 years and then be threatened to be permanently banned for something so trivial?

He's been on my case a lot about being antagonistic with other members. I thought he was trying to be helpful, but it's mind blowing to me that he sees the way I interact with people as "unacceptable behavior." I'm literally shaking from the stress of waking up to this.

What rule did I even break? How is your personal approval of my behavior a system for bans? I'm not going to stop being me, and there is no rule that you can't criticise people. What is with the double standard? I got temp banned once just for saying someone had their panties in a wad.

It's one thing if you want to delete the post, but a ban? This is absurd. I really don't know what Chris' deal is. And I don't understand why I'm being banned. I thought we were on good terms.

I would appreciate a conversation before a ban is just dropped like that. Because I don't even know exactly why I'm banned, or what I did specifically that isn't approved of or is against the rules. Please show me the rule and where it's written, explain how I broke that rule, and give me the chance to correct my own behavior before you just ban me.

@Yoda

@Zaris

I have a suggestion: use the ignore feature for any member who you can't get along with. That solves the problem of arguing, as no one can argue when they can't read their post.

Sure, I can see why too. I don't agree with it. But I think the point is, is a ban actually justified?

I don't understand how he can even be thinking of a permanent ban. After all these years. It just makes no sense to me. It's so harsh. Like, when I make a post like that does he read with some harsh malicious tone? Where's the benefit of the doubt at least?

In my opinion an instant ban like that should only be reserved for extreme cases. A post like mine, or behavior like mine, is not such a case. In this type of a situation a ban should not precede a conversation. And I've been having some lengthy conversations with Yoda privately, and I really did not expect this kind of a response from him. It only makes sense because he banned me once before, but that time I also felt did not deserve it. The only other time I saw him ban someone was when he banned Cammo for drunk posting and spamming. But I liked that guy, and I miss him. As far as I know the ban wasn't permanent and he left on his own.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Stuff like this always amazes my simple, little mind.

This is a collective. Here for each other. Don't get upset when you bring your ****stick and get rapped on the knuckles.

You seem like a good guy Zotis, but groups usually toss unruly dissenters. Learn a lesson from Thumper's mom.

And I typed out **** for dramatic effect and I'm sure making an alt for this shows your true intentions. Say hi to JR, JRS, Camo and SFS for me.

@Zaris

I have a suggestion: use the ignore feature for any member who you can't get along with. That solves the problem of arguing, as no one can argue when they can't read their post.
That wasn't even the issue though. It wasn't a matter of getting along. It was just me being playful, and I think Yoda sees it as deliberately trying to cause arguments and insulting people.

Stuff like this always amazes my simple, little mind.

This is a collective. Here for each other. Don't get upset when you bring your ****stick and get rapped on the knuckles.

You seem like a good guy Zotis, but groups usually toss unruly dissenters. Learn a lesson from Thumper's mom.

And I typed out **** for dramatic effect and I'm sure making an alt for this shows your true intentions. Say hi to JR, JRS, Camo and SFS for me.
See, this is the kind of thing I would get banned for. If I talk like this to people, I get warned, and now banned.

All depends on how often he's spoken to you in the past tbh, Zot. Yods tends to give people a couple warnings. Seen it a few times myself, he doesn't tend to just throw the ban hammer around randomly.

But, this'll be for Yods to sort as I said as I can't account for any conversations between you and him.

I miss Cammo, and to talk about the people who were banned like that is pretty cold hearted. They are people you know.

Circumventing a temporary ban by creating an alternate username - something that is expressly against the rules - is not the way to go about this. Also you have a long history of unacceptable behavior- years worth of it. Get your head out of your ass before your ban becomes permanent - like Camo’s.

That wasn't even the issue though. It wasn't a matter of getting along. It was just me being playful, and I think Yoda sees it as deliberately trying to cause arguments and insulting people.
I read that thread and it appeared you did push Mojofilter's buttons, but he was out of line by saying this to you "So...f*** off, Felicia "

If someone said that to me in an argument, I'd be pissed. Both of you guys overreacted, it's best if both of you just ignore each other.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
You're too smart to play this victim angle.

Mr. Green gives a lot more leash than I ever would, so I don't think you can fly with a hardship angle. Do you want to be here or do you want to be here "on your terms" ?

Say what you need to say, choose to be here.

Your random internet friend,
Denny

How is your personal approval of my behavior a system for bans?
Newsflash: This is his website. He makes the rules.

Normally I'd remove this thread, because as Vicky said circumventing a temporary ban with an alt is totally unacceptable, especially when you made no attempt to contact me directly first. But there are a bunch of replies already, so now I have to address it publicly even though that's more like calling someone out and shaming them, which I'm not a fan of, and which isn't my intent. But when someone calls you out, they don't leave you much choice, either.

This post has correctly surmised what's going on:

All depends on how often he's spoken to you in the past tbh, Zot. Yods tends to give people a couple warnings. Seen it a few times myself, he doesn't tend to just throw the ban hammer around randomly.
Ding ding ding. This did not come out of nowhere. This came after many, many, many conversations, and many warnings. This is how I've always done it. If anything, it's probably too permissive, given that people who cause enough trouble to be repeatedly warned pretty much never change the repeating behavior, but I'm a big softie for second (and third, and fourth) chances. Not that that earns me any good will, as you can see. If anything the more chances you give someone the more they cry foul when you finally take action.

I am predicting the second coming of cinemafficianado.

Some people love to antagonize then play victim. It's boring and needy. Even trolls are more captivating.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
I am predicting the second coming of cinemafficianado.

Some people love to antagonize then play victim. It's boring and needy. Even trolls are more captivating.
Second?