Survivor Part X: Into the Woods

Tools    

Tormented?

I was accused of being Mr. Sparkle (which was a proven Suspect alt) and I don't exactly remember being tormented.
That's different. You were accused of having an alt. Not being an alt.

I was accused of being Mr. Sparkle (which was a proven Suspect alt) and I don't exactly remember being tormented.
Did they also call you a despicable human being and threaten to leave the forum over it?

Also, this is exactly what I was just talking about: you were accused of being an alt, and you weren't. This happens all the time.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Are you keeping track of all the accusations you make where you turn out not to be right?
I have made the following accusations at this forum.

Mr. sparkle is Suspect (proven)
Wolfsbane is Suspect (proven)
Red foot is Suspect (proven)
Velvet is an alt of some sort (not proven)
Captain T is an alt (not proven)

There's my full history.

Did they also call you a despicable human being and threaten to leave the forum over it?

Also, this is exactly what I was just talking about: you were accused of being an alt, and you weren't. This happens all the time.
I guess someone who threatens to strangle you shouldn't be a despicable human being. I meant what a Patriot and inspiration to us all!

There's my full history.
Yeah, the whole point here is that people remember when they're right and conveniently forget when they're not. Or perhaps you're not counting the ones you just sort of floated without REALLY accusing, over and over.

There's my full history.
I'm not an alt. Can you please tell me why you think that? Or how I could prove that I'm not?

I guess someone who threatens to strangle you shouldn't be a despicable human being. I meant what a Patriot and inspiration to us all!
cricket did the same thing. Is he a despicable human being?

Are you guys even thinking through these responses? Because this is just feeling like pure lashing out, arguing with whatever, simply because you get obsessed with this game and react very badly if anyone has anything negative to say about it, even though it obviously gets out of hand sometimes and any reasonable person should be able to admit it.

I'm not an alt. Can you please tell me why you think that? Or how I could prove that I'm not?
I don't think you or Velvet are alts. My last post was an old thought. Before this game started.

Yoda, you say you want to temp ban me for insulting you, but you insult my intelligence all the time.
Yeah...no. It'd be insulting to your intelligence to accept nonsensical responses. Calling them out compliments your intelligence because it means I think you know better.

And you know the rules. They've been this way for a long time. Direct, personal insults are the line. Period. I've never threatened to take action against you for "insulting my intelligence."

cricket did the same thing. Is he a despicable human being?

Are you guys even thinking through these responses? Because this is just feeling like pure lashing out, arguing with whatever, simply because you get obsessed with this game and react very badly if anyone has anything negative to say about it, even though it obviously gets out of hand sometimes and any reasonable person should be able to admit it.
Don't care anymore. Carry on. You are right.

But are any of you related to Suspect?

Cat, are you his long lost sister?
Not that I know of. We'd need to suspect our parents of pearl clutchy things, and track their movements like bloodhounds.

I’m not gonna say anything to get banned. I’ll just say what it made me think.... oh, please.
I tell you exactly what I think, and I give you plain, simple reasons for it. It's not my problem if you decide to lash out rather than listen to it. Just don't try to have it both ways, wanting a moderator to help one second and then taking it personally when they look around the thread carnage and say "gee, maybe reign it in a little, guys."

Don't care anymore. Carry on. You are right.
This sounds like one of those fake surrenders ("Yeah, whatever, you win"), but it shouldn't be. Your earlier sarcastic response about being threatened applies just as much to cricket, and that's a fair point to make.

And my response was so obvious and predictable that I can't imagine you'd have posted what you did if most of this stuff weren't just coming out reflexively, as pure emotion

I didn’t think my word choice towards you was bad enough for a ban threat, but okay.
Tell ya' what, go to a dozen other forums and call the admin a jackass and let me know how it goes.

Yoda, the point is - Raul had his life threatened by Velvet. Joke or not.

When someone threatens to kill you, they are not interested in wordplay and lectures immediately afterwards. Common sense.
Thank you Sexy.

I wouldn't call an admin names by any means though.

Yoda, the point is - Raul had his life threatened by Velvet. Joke or not.
...and as I just pointed out, cricket threatened yours. But that's different, because reasons.

When someone threatens to kill you, they are not interested in wordplay and lectures immediately afterwards. Common sense.
First, pointing out simple contradictions isn't "wordplay." But using "wordplay" to describe arguments is.

Second, I didn't lecture him, I simply reiterated that I had no evidence he was an alt. He decided to argue with me about that. That's up to him, but nobody made him do it, so this "don't bother him while he's emotionally distressed" stuff makes zero sense.