Survivor Part X: Into the Woods

Tools    

That would depend on who was responsible for the moves that got me out of the game. Whichever one of them put that plan into action would've gotten my vote.
I don't want you to answer any longer, i backed out haha. But if you didn't make the final that would've been in the trivia game, like say that was just to determine one winner. So it would've been your own darn fault if you didn't make the final haha. That's where i was coming from.

It’s an eagle. I thought it was a chicken, too.
I edited that post to include eagle because i wondered why he'd have a chicken tattoo.

My friend has a tattoo that says "your name", most groaner dad joke tattoo of all time.

Oh before I go I wanted to add another move that I think was important:

I stayed the Hell away from that book.

It’s an eagle. I thought it was a chicken, too.
I edited that post to include eagle because i wondered why he'd have a chicken tattoo.

My friend has a tattoo that says "your name", most groaner dad joke tattoo of all time.
If cricket had a chicken tattoo, I'd probably torment him with cock jokes for the next few decades.

@7thson It was the giving away of votes that probably kept you in the dark qt bit, on both sides. Good tactic, but that was its flip side.
You are right - before the vote- but after it told me some things, mainly how smart you are.

Questions for all three:

1. What is your opinion on Jodie Whittaker as the first female Doctor in Doctor Who? How do you feel in general about gender-swapped roles?

2. If you were to host a Survivor, what would the theme be and why?

3. If a previous poster from the game could take your place in the final three, who would you choose and why?

4. You wake up. You're in @Sexy Celebrity 's body. What's the first thing you post via his Movie Forums account, and in which thread do you post it on?

5. If you had to decide what this fifth question was, what would the fifth question be? Whatever question you answer with here is the question you must also answer yourself as the true fifth question.

6. Could you pitch me a horror film please, starring Captain Jack Sparrow and Mickey Mouse?

7. What would winning this Survivor mean to you? Would it somehow totally transform your life?

8. Related to question seven. Do you have a sob story that could influence me to vote for you as part of the jury?

9. What has been your favourite challenge in this Survivor game?

10. What forums do you visit outside of Movie Forums?

(unrelated aside, I'm drinking in the oldest restaurant in Stockholm, but apparently hundreds of years ago, a builder got pissed off about not being paid properly and embossed a vagina on the building. Too dark to photograph right now, but TROLLING LEVEL: GENIUS)

I have to say i really loved 7thsons truthful, principled approach to this. I never saw what happened behind the scenes so i may be misinformed but i saw him say to Cricket after a vote "i heard what you both had to say and went with the one i trusted most", and he did turn a couple of times purely because he thought this person is telling me the truth. Not sure how he got into the position of a needed vote: whether that was strategy or luck or a mixture of both but it was really refreshing to see someone play that enviable position that way and actually survive to the end.

I would appreciate it if someone could quote this post with mentions for 7thson, Cosmic, and Suspect, since I'm a moron and still can't do it.

7thson-

I actually had no respect for your game, except for the participation, until some of the things I just read. I suspected you may have had a secret alliance with Yam but still found it unlikely. There were a couple of things in our conversations that made me not completely trust you. First was the obvious fishing for information about the idol. Second, you asked me if I would be willing to vote for Cat. I had a problem with this for two reasons. I wondered why you were singling her out, and I also wondered if you realized where the numbers were because I wasn't going to vote against anyone in our alliance. Even if I were willing to do so, it wouldn't make sense at that time. I was right not to trust you because you voted out Cat, but that doesn't mean you couldn't have trusted us. You must understand what the situation was. If all 5 of us voted Cosmic and she played the idol, you, yam, or Cat would have went home. The obvious play in that situation is to split the votes which worse case scenario with an idol would result in a duel. If we blindly trusted you, which obviously we couldn't since you didn't vote for who you said you were voting for, our chances would have been even worse. See, we didn't completely trust you or yam, and our skepticism was proven correct. However, you could have trusted us. It was easy to see we were just taking precautions, and the potential that what we did would save you and yam in the game was there, while you were in zero danger from us. When was it that you started working with Yam? Also, unfortunately, I see little chance of you winning this game against the other two opponents. I do understand why you couldn't completely trust me, yet sometimes you have to take a chance. If you made it to the final three on our side, which you easily could have done, I think you would have had a great chance to win this game. You must see that, so why didn't you at least try it?

Cosmic and Suspect

TUS, the only thing you have going against you in my mind is my belief that SC wanted you to win this game all along. I 100% believe that he would have straight out given you answers or told you where idols were if necessary. While I think the host should get the highest marks for entertainment and creativity, I thought he was downright awful at impartiality and fairness. We all know that SC is going to steer any game into the direction he wants it to go. However, I don't see how I can hold that against you.

I was bitter for a while and said that I didn't think either one of you were going to earn your places. I do think you guys may have been a little complacent at the beginning, but I completely take that statement back. From everything I saw, you both played excellent games. You were also both very gracious to me. That could partially be gamesmanship but either way I appreciate it.

Questions for both of you-

Who was more in control as far as decisions?

How did Yam play into all this?

Did either of you consider attempting to make an alliance with me as it got late in the game?

Were you going mental when 7thson was auctioning off his vote?

How strong was the trust you each had in one another?

What were your thoughts when 7th and Yam voted with us to eliminate Raul?

Have you both been playing for yourselves the entire time?

What's something important that the rest of us did not see?

I would appreciate it if someone could quote this post with mentions for 7thson, Cosmic, and Suspect, since I'm a moron and still can't do it.

7thson-

I actually had no respect for your game, except for the participation, until some of the things I just read. I suspected you may have had a secret alliance with Yam but still found it unlikely. There were a couple of things in our conversations that made me not completely trust you. First was the obvious fishing for information about the idol. Second, you asked me if I would be willing to vote for Cat. I had a problem with this for two reasons. I wondered why you were singling her out, and I also wondered if you realized where the numbers were because I wasn't going to vote against anyone in our alliance. Even if I were willing to do so, it wouldn't make sense at that time. I was right not to trust you because you voted out Cat, but that doesn't mean you couldn't have trusted us. You must understand what the situation was. If all 5 of us voted Cosmic and she played the idol, you, yam, or Cat would have went home. The obvious play in that situation is to split the votes which worse case scenario with an idol would result in a duel. If we blindly trusted you, which obviously we couldn't since you didn't vote for who you said you were voting for, our chances would have been even worse. See, we didn't completely trust you or yam, and our skepticism was proven correct. However, you could have trusted us. It was easy to see we were just taking precautions, and the potential that what we did would save you and yam in the game was there, while you were in zero danger from us. When was it that you started working with Yam? Also, unfortunately, I see little chance of you winning this game against the other two opponents. I do understand why you couldn't completely trust me, yet sometimes you have to take a chance. If you made it to the final three on our side, which you easily could have done, I think you would have had a great chance to win this game. You must see that, so why didn't you at least try it?

Cosmic and Suspect

TUS, the only thing you have going against you in my mind is my belief that SC wanted you to win this game all along. I 100% believe that he would have straight out given you answers or told you where idols were if necessary. While I think the host should get the highest marks for entertainment and creativity, I thought he was downright awful at impartiality and fairness. We all know that SC is going to steer any game into the direction he wants it to go. However, I don't see how I can hold that against you.

I was bitter for a while and said that I didn't think either one of you were going to earn your places. I do think you guys may have been a little complacent at the beginning, but I completely take that statement back. From everything I saw, you both played excellent games. You were also both very gracious to me. That could partially be gamesmanship but either way I appreciate it.

Questions for both of you-

Who was more in control as far as decisions?

How did Yam play into all this?

Did either of you consider attempting to make an alliance with me as it got late in the game?

Were you going mental when 7thson was auctioning off his vote?

How strong was the trust you each had in one another?

What were your thoughts when 7th and Yam voted with us to eliminate Raul?

Have you both been playing for yourselves the entire time?

What's something important that the rest of us did not see?
@7thson @TheUsualSuspect @CosmicRunaway

1. What is your opinion on Jodie Whittaker as the first female Doctor in Doctor Who? How do you feel in general about gender-swapped roles?
I don't think I've ever seen Jodie Whittaker in anything else, so her casting (much like every other casting before her) didn't really have much of an impact on me. Considering the fact that the Master recently regenerated into Missy, and that the Doctor himself has previously remarked that he'd like to be a woman some day, I think the gender swapping fits into the Doctor Who universe just fine.

In general, I don't have a problem with gender-swapped roles, as long as the role is given to the person who can play that part the best, rather than it going to someone purely for diversity's sake.

2. If you were to host a Survivor, what would the theme be and why?
My theme would be Mega City One, and I would play the role of Judge Dredd. Dredd would be a no-nonsense host who did things by the book, and handed out harsh penalties to those who break the rules.

In practice, I'd hand out penalties for silly infractions, like giving community service or time in the iso-cubes to someone if for example, what they said could be interpreted as trying to bribe a judge. They wouldn't really have any meaningful impact on the game, but I think it would keep things interesting.

3. If a previous poster from the game could take your place in the final three, who would you choose and why?
I'd probably choose Cricket, because he deserved to win this game, and likely would have if we didn't vote him out.

4. You wake up. You're in @Sexy Celebrity 's body. What's the first thing you post via his Movie Forums account, and in which thread do you post it on?
I'd post somewhere irrelevant, like the "What time is it?" or "What are you eating?" threads, with an appropriate post. Partly to test if this really was happening, and partly to just seem like business as usual. I'd them PM my own account to see if anyone responds. I'd probably be more concerned with who was in my body than what I could do with SC's.

5. If you had to decide what this fifth question was, what would the fifth question be? Whatever question you answer with here is the question you must also answer yourself as the true fifth question.
My fifth question would probably be something irrelevant to break the tension, or alternatively I might ask why everyone chose their specific characters. I guess I'll answer that one then.

Re-Animator is one of my favourite films. It's science fiction, body horror, and comedy all rolled into one charming, campy film. There are some aspects of Herbert West that I feel I can relate to, and I thought he would be a fun character to play in a horror themed game.

6. Could you pitch me a horror film please, starring Captain Jack Sparrow and Mickey Mouse?
The setting is an abandoned Disney World theme park. A bunch of teenagers sneak in and take selfies with the creepy, broken down animatronics. What they don't know is that the park is home to a deranged and violent man with a fetish for Mickey Mouse, and that a serial killer is headed their way after causing a blood bath at a nearby Halloween party, dressed as Jack Sparrow.

7. What would winning this Survivor mean to you? Would it somehow totally transform your life?
It would likely have no impact on my real life at all. I would be happy that the time and effort I put into this game was rewarded for a little while, but then it would be back to the same out routine.

8. Related to question seven. Do you have a sob story that could influence me to vote for you as part of the jury?
Not really, since I already shared practically everything. If you were curious, I will direct you towards my challenge entries here and here.

9. What has been your favourite challenge in this Survivor game?
The campfire horror story challenge for sure. I love any excuse to write a story. I could've gone on for ages, but I didn't think anyone would read my story as it was haha.

10. What forums do you visit outside of Movie Forums?
I check out the forums on GameFAQS every now and then, when I'm interested in finding information on a specific game, but other than that this is the only forum I visit.

One thing nobody except knows, is that I gave him permission to throw me under a bus. I figured if I was going to get stabbed, I wanted it to come from someone I chose.