Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Loved the first one, so I will probably give this a shot...

I watched this today on Netflix. I enjoyed this for the most part. Screenplay was pretty good and I liked the performances. There were a couple things that didn't completely work for me, but overall this is an entertaining good time.

I watched it today, and it's a good fun movie. The first one was far better, though.

And I still think Johnson likes to be believe he is smarter than what he actually is.

On a side note, as a fan of 'The Room' game series, I wish someone could make those puzzle boxes for me. There's nothing like it.

I watched it today, and it's a good fun movie. The first one was far better, though.

And I still think Johnson likes to be believe he is smarter than what he actually is.

On a side note, as a fan of 'The Room' game series, I wish someone could make those puzzle boxes for me. There's nothing like it.
do i need to watch the first one? cause kathryn hahn is my favorite actress and shes only on this one not the first one

oh okay good cause im going to watch it tomoroww night
Hahn is great in it! Whatever you think of the film, I'm sure you will enjoy her performance.

I thought that it was okay as a movie, but I much prefer the first film Knives Out.

Knives Out was better but I enjoyed Glass Onion a lot. Frankly I am glad Rian did something a bit different rather than try to repeat the formula of the first one, like most sequels. I'd definitely watch further adventures of Benoit Blanc.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Knives Out was better but I enjoyed Glass Onion a lot. Frankly I am glad Rian did something a bit different rather than try to repeat the formula of the first one, like most sequels. I'd definitely watch further adventures of Benoit Blanc.
I also appreciated that it didn't just do a retread. But I wish that it hadn't veered so far into parody territory. It made me feel very disconnected from the characters and the story.

Every murder mystery is two films: the one you see the first time, where you respond to the surprise and see how well you can follow along, and the one you see the second time, when you get to simply admire the foreshadowing (or not).

Knives Out was pretty good the first time I saw it, but didn't reach the heights I was expecting based on the stellar word-of-mouth. I watched it again a few days ago in anticipation of the follow-up and liked it a lot better. It was nice to see all the glowing breadcrumbs this time to better appreciate the craftsmanship.

Anyway, should be watching Glass Onion soon. It'll be interesting to see how it lands given how different the expectations are this time.

I also appreciated that it didn't just do a retread. But I wish that it hadn't veered so far into parody territory. It made me feel very disconnected from the characters and the story.

Very much this. I think the root idea was a good one. And I'm glad he veered off from just a reboot (even though in this case I'm sure it would have ultimately been preferable)

But the flat yet still superficially showy execution and the horribly broad and uninteresting characters and all the jokes that don't land and all the subtext that is boringly obvious and toothless...nah....doesn't work.

I was disappointed in the film. Over complicated the plot. Went on longer then it should have. Craig, Norton and Monae are standouts.
Agree with everything you've said here.