Things You Just Found Out/Learned Recently?

Tools    

About a month ago I learned that SE Hinton is a woman.
You bring S.E., I'll bring Carson McCullers, it'll be a double date.

Victim of The Night
About a month ago I learned that SE Hinton is a woman.
Mind blown.
Especially now that I just learned that she wrote The Outsiders at just 16 years old.

Jon Foster, the brother of Ben Foster, played the kid Kim Basinger seduced in The Door in the Floor.

My hometown, Towson, Maryland, is the burial place of Glenn Milstead, AKA Divine, the character from early John Waters films. Most of the cast and crew of his early auteur days came from the local area so all of the settings are also familiar.

I've actually known this for a while, but the first movie Tarzan, silent star Elmo Lincoln, had a brother that lived in Towson too. Lincoln built a Hollywood styled house for him on a piece of property a couple blocks from where I grew up. It was completely out of place and such an oddity in that woodsy environment and 1950's suburban neighborhood that it was quite notable. It's still there, in all its pink stucco Spanish mission style glory, as out of place as it ever was.

Larry David's ex-wife is named Laurie David.
The famous English writer Evelyn Waugh married a woman named Evelyn. They were known as She Evelyn & He Evelyn.

"How tall is King Kong ?"
A few amusing examples of how fiction-fueled popular misconceptions actively help the police to catch criminals. And how there's undercover detectives whose jobs are essentially to impersonate movie clichés who otherwise don't exist in the real world.

Know what ? Let's not make films about that.

Allegedly, the actor (currently living) who has been in the most films is...

(wait for it....)

Eric Roberts!

WHAT?!?
Eric Roberts (Julia's brother) has been in more films that anyone???
I find it hard to believe because I can think of only one movie that I KNOW Eric Roberts was in (which was The Dark Knight in 2008), but I can't name a single other movie I'm sure he was in.

I saw this while doing a search recently, and thought it might be Michael Caine... but nope.
Eric (freaking) Roberts!

(wait for it....)

Eric Roberts!

WHAT?!?
I find it hard to believe because I can think of only one movie that I KNOW Eric Roberts was in (which was The Dark Knight in 2008), but I can't name a single other movie I'm sure he was in.

I saw this while doing a search recently, and thought it might be Michael Caine... but nope.
Eric (freaking) Roberts!
I understand he does a lot of DTV stuff and his roles frequently take a day or so to shoot. I remember reading an interview where one of his repeat directors mentioned that Roberts did five or so films with him without learning his name. He realized that Roberts began to recognize him when he started calling him "chief".

Apologies if I'm misremembering details. Will try to dig the article up later.

Victim of The Night

(wait for it....)

Eric Roberts!

WHAT?!?

Eric (freaking) Roberts!
You should see The Pope Of Greenwich Village.

(wait for it....)

Eric Roberts!

WHAT?!?

Eric (freaking) Roberts!

Could be. This is only 2 pages of the several pages just for post-production works he’s currently in.