Satoshi Kon Is Dead!!!!

Tools    

Relax. Don't be sorry for me. I didn't know him personally or anything. I did shed a few tears of remembrance for his films, which themselves made me bawl.

It was pancreatic cancer. It was diagnosed as fatal in mid-May. I don't know what's going to happen with Yume-Miru Kikai (The Dream Machine). I'm not sure how much it can be considered his final film. We'll have to see.

He was the master of mind-f#ck.
I know, I know. But us movie heads are passionate about the arts. I know i'd be saddened if say...Sir Ridley Scott passed away, someone I admire and appreciate, it seems in the same way you do Satoshi Kon.

I must check out some of this guys films.

This man has the one-up on Ridley Scott IMO. Even with his tiny filmography, the man is/was a born master.

Satoshi Kon’s Last Film To Be Completed By Madhouse

At the time of his unfortunate, early death in August of this year, Satoshi Kon was working on a new feature film, The Dream Machine, with the animation studio Madhouse. They have now announced that they will be completing the film.
I can only imagine this will be a very difficult process for Kon’s friends and colleagues, but I’m sure also that they are fully committed to bringing his last work to audiences. It might sound a little goofy to you, but I’m feeling very grateful to them, personally, for doing this.
Animation director Yoshimi Itazu is now serving as the project’s acting director, while Toshiyuki Inoue is the new animation director. Kon’s regular collaborator Susumu Hirasawa will provide the score. Such bittwersweet news.
Hopefully The Dream Machine will be seen around the world in the coming year or so. In the meantime, catch up on Kon’s extraordinary body of work.