MoFo Fantasy Football 2022 - The Season

Tools    

Sad about the Bills, we've got some long-suffering Bills fans here and I thought this might be their year. Ah well, should still be major contenders the next few years, probably. I'll be pullin' for you guys.

These are my (possibly rough) calculations:

Burrow: 22.78
McPherson: 9
Bass: 4
Buffalo: 7
Unless I'm missing something, Buffalo's D should only have one point. (27 points allowed, 1 sack.) Regardless, I lost by ~20 points. I was hoping that the weather conditions would play in my favor, but Burrow had two passing TDs in the blink of an eye, and it was clear from the start that the Bills just didn't have it going offensively, and that Bass wasn't going to have the monster day I needed with them falling behind so early.

Congrats to @rauldc14. I enjoyed my brief stint as a two-time champion but you're the rightful winner. Make sure to disinfect that trophy since it's been in my possession.

Good NFL Post Season, so far.

I am a Washington Redskins fan from my childhood (the glory years of the Joe Gibbs 1980s and early '90s), migrated to a default Ravens fan when they came to town (my Dad has had a pair of season tickets since they arrived), which coincided with a long period where the Redskins were terrible. I sincerely hope Snyder sells the team and the Washington Commanders can continue to get better. It is fun rooting for them in that tough division. But my stepson just graduated from LSU, so I am also a Joe Burrow fan and if the Commanders and Ravens are out of it, Cincinnati is the team I am rooting for.

My lifetime of hating D.C.'s NFC East opponents had me joyous at the Giants' and Cowboys' humiliating losses, and I'll root for San Francisco to get past Philly. I would like a Cincy vs. Frisco rematch from both the Boomer Esiason vs. Joe Montana tilt thirty-four years ago as well as the Ken Anderson vs. Joe Montana Super Bowl following the 1981 season.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Unless I'm missing something, Buffalo's D should only have one point. (27 points allowed, 1 sack.)
It's possible I rushed and calculated Cincy's defense by mistake. In fact, I'm like 90% sure that's what happened.

To the rest of what you said, though: yeah, I was kind of stunned by how well they moved the ball both against that defense and in that weather. I'm not sure whether it's Cincy being great or Buffalo being unprepared (and missing personnel, beyond just the obvious one, of course). Real shame for Buffalo fans, regardless, even though I like both teams these days.

GGs to both. I look forward to Spaulding subtly undermining the validity of this in years to come, but even more, I look forward to doing what we should all have been doing the last few weeks: making fun of raul for finally winning only because the computer drafted for him. We are never letting you live that down dude.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
It's possible I rushed and calculated Cincy's defense by mistake. In fact, I'm like 90% sure that's what happened.

To the rest of what you said, though: yeah, I was kind of stunned by how well they moved the ball both against that defense and in that weather. I'm not sure whether it's Cincy being great or Buffalo being unprepared (and missing personnel, beyond just the obvious one, of course). Real shame for Buffalo fans, regardless, even though I like both teams these days.

GGs to both. I look forward to Spaulding subtly undermining the validity of this in years to come, but even more, I look forward to doing what we should all have been doing the last few weeks: making fun of raul for finally winning only because the computer drafted for him. We are never letting you live that down dude.
I really do feel bad for missing all these drafts. Damn third shift. Like my version of Waking up at 3am if I'm working

I was all Bills, but now I guess I'm rooting for KC. None of the other teams really feel "due" to me, exactly, they've all had success and seem likely to continue to, so I'm left to root for a Chiefs dynasty, just because Mahomes and Reid are just so obviously talented and likeable. That and it still feels like they should have at least one more trophy in their case, given how utterly destroyed they were by O-Line injuries last time out. Here's hoping Mahomes isn't too banged up, but I fear that alone will probably tilt things in Cincy's favor.

I really do feel bad for missing all these drafts. Damn third shift. Like my version of Waking up at 3am if I'm working
Okay, serious question: are you sleeping through alarms or something? Or not setting them?

Okay, serious question: are you sleeping through alarms or something? Or not setting them?
The last one I set an alarm and my phone died before the alarm went off.

The others I can't quite remember. But I remember last year and thinking "God, they are going to hate me"

Ha. Well at least you're appropriately self-aware.

I'll refrain from commenting on the phone thing, simply because I am completely unable to relate the idea. My brain can't even really comprehend running out of phone battery. I can count on one hand the number of times I've even been in vague danger of this happening, though I realize it's more of a lifestyle thing (IE: do most web stuff on the phone, out all day, etc). I'm not, like, watching a bunch of video on it or anything.

It's such a foreign concept to me. Heck, if you plug your phone in when you get in your car it charges a bit during the commute. I end up charging my phone out of boredom as often as not.

Ha. Well at least you're appropriately self-aware.

I'll refrain from commenting on the phone thing, simply because I am completely unable to relate the idea. My brain can't even really comprehend running out of phone battery. I can count on one hand the number of times I've even been in vague danger of this happening, though I realize it's more of a lifestyle thing (IE: do most web stuff on the phone, out all day, etc). I'm not, like, watching a bunch of video on it or anything.

It's such a foreign concept to me. Heck, if you plug your phone in when you get in your car it charges a bit during the commute. I end up charging my phone out of boredom as often as not.
I'm the world's worst charger for things in general. Be it switch, ipad, cell phone, work phone, etc. Hell even my walkie talkie at work I don't charge properly. Really need to rectify the horrible habit.

Ah, yeah, that's one of those habits that wouldn't have mattered at all until the last decade, at which point it probably affects almost every aspect of your life.

I think the car thing--so that I have to plug it in to play things in my car/use the GPS, so it happens any time I drive anywhere, is a big thing. Anything that just plugs in (heh) to the daily routine out of necessity is good. That or the ol' wireless charging pad, depending on phone.

Wow, Bengals slight early favorites against the Chiefs. Gotta imagine that's down to the Mahomes injury.

He'll almost certainly play through it but yeah, can't really argue with the logic there.

Congratulations again Dustin!

(now get that dumbazzed Survivor 7 Champion out of your profile when YOU KNOW I got you voted out that season, and put your legitimate Fantasy Football championship in its place.....not that I care )

Congratulations again Dustin!

(now get that dumbazzed Survivor 7 Champion out of your profile when YOU KNOW I got you voted out that season, and put your legitimate Fantasy Football championship in its place.....not that I care )
I honestly don't even remember how that all played out. Damn old age.

Wow, Bengals slight early favorites against the Chiefs. Gotta imagine that's down to the Mahomes injury.

He'll almost certainly play through it but yeah, can't really argue with the logic there.
Definitely the Mahomes injury and Cincinnati has beaten Kansas City the last three times they have played, including last year's championship and Week 13 this season.

Even at 75 or 80% Mahomes is clearly dangerous and can be a difference maker, but I think Burrow and company will pick apart the KC defense and if The Chiefs counter with a few field goals instead of drives that might have ended in TDs because they are lacking a fullt-tilt Mahomes, it could very well go Cincy's way.

Gonna be must-see TV, either way.

I haven't watched an entire game in a minute. That would be a good one to watch for sure. May do just that.

I've been watching more. It's just nice to be at the point, the last few years, where I can watch football as a fan of the game itself, without all the stupidity and motivated reasoning of tribal fandom stuff. I don't care if the Bengals are a "rival," they're a good, fun team now. Good for them. I just wanna see good games get played, great teams get rewarded, and I wanna see long-suffering fan bases have their moment in the sun (hence the Bills love).

It makes it a lot more fun to just sit and watch a game and admire it all, without the looming specter of anger or disappointment hanging over it. I really like this stage of fandom and I really wish more fans would end up in a similar place.