IMDB Assimilation

Tools    

You guys should try doing one of our movie commentaries. To really experience... the unlimited posting experience.

I would also like to add that I'm trying to shed some of that IMDB stain as I go along. People here aren't aggressive or confrontational but, because I'm so used to people attacking me, I'm still adjusting and sometimes take what people say around here the wrong way. I'm quickly learning, though, that every here seems to mean well.

As Dani and a couple others stated, it's a different culture around here.

PS: I'm very happy to hear that several of you regs are enjoying us here. It makes me feel more comfortable here. I've even started branching out lately and posting in all sorts of different threads. I think we'll all do well here.

Good question Matt, a couple weeks ago when it was announced that IMDB was closing i's discussion boards, I feared 100's and 100's of IMDB members would come here, swamping us. I figured most would be cool, but you know IMDB is where people went to bash other people, and I hate that.

So far my fears were unwarranted, as we haven't been swamped by tons of new users and they are getting along fine. Which reminds me of the Y2K panic at the turn of the millennium.
We tried keeping the link quiet due to us having a pretty dedicated pack of trolls that follow us around, so far only 4 have followed us over... one was banned already, 2 are quiet after some initial trolling and Joby was doxed on the last day of the IMDb forums to the extent I'd be surprised to ever see him on the internet again.

We're talking name, address, DoB, facial pics, personal videos, links upon links of sites he goes to as himself instead of the Joby persona...as doxing goes, it wasn't pretty.

It helps a large number of the trolls claimed to be making their own site, but there's no telling if they'll get bored trolling each other and start branching out, especially with some of them already having followed us here...

dteam6, shame on you for joining under such a boring name.

Why not be "Super Mario" or something? Ask Yoda to change it.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
dteam6, shame on you for joining under such a boring name.

Why not be "Super Mario" or something? Ask Yoda to change it.
We asked between ourselves to keep the same nicknames for easy recognition [I couldn't keep my long ass nickname, so I just cut it to Little Devil].

Are you guys who were friends on IMDB around the same age? Are you teens or older?
Well out of our teens across the board... I think we have the 30's, 40's and 50's covered between us.. Possibly the 20's too...

Well out of our teens across the board... I think we have the 30's, 40's and 50's covered between us.. Possibly the 20's too...
Cool, I'm glad to have a mix of age ranges here, it makes it more interesting.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Totally a good thing! MoFo is as diversified as I've seen.
It's always fun to learn about other people's cultural background and how it may/may not mold their way of thinking.

Though I have no intention to discuss politics [little less of a foreign country to mine] I enjoy reading the different views [ex: on the Trump thread].

For me it's overwhelming but exciting, especially since I haven't had much time lately. It is definitely a great thing that will just take a little getting used to.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Are you guys who were friends on IMDB around the same age? Are you teens or older?
I never ask age. I just take people the way I find them. I was very surprised on the last day on imdb to find a guy come out and say he was 18. I had been on that board for several years and his announcement surprised everyone. Very impressive, eloquent poster. Some times it's just better not knowing a pigeonhole age bracket, if you know what I mean.

I never ask age. I just take people the way I find them. I was very surprised on the last day on imdb to find a guy come out and say he was 18. I had been on that board for several years and his announcement surprised everyone. Very impressive, eloquent poster. Some times it's just better not knowing a pigeonhole age bracket, if you know what I mean.
I'm guessing you are in your 60s?

I'm not even going to ask how long you've been sitting on that card waiting to play it.
Can't you get a nice Jason Voorhees avatar again?!