Movie of the Month: Home Base Thread

Tools    

I thought that's how it went down. I thought if you pick the movie, you do a podcast to talk about it. Seems more interesting than letting people who don't have much invested in the film talk about it for awhile.
No, it's never happened like that. But I like your idea.

I thought that's how it went down. I thought if you pick the movie, you do a podcast to talk about it. Seems more interesting than letting people who don't have much invested in the film talk about it for awhile.
No all the podcasts have been done by Yoda, bluedeed, and slappydavis, and they all do an excellent job!

If a host ever wanted to be on the podcast I believe they could, but no one has volunteered yet I don't think.

Sooooooo the next one is........????
Probably going to happen in the Mofies Ceremony thread.

Sooooooo the next one is........????
Still a month or two away, at most. Brendan hasn't been around for awhile, and while we have a couple of possible replacements in mind, it's a lot tougher to organize without the usual suspects.

Mainly, though, once we got close to Christmas, it just made sense to wait until after the Oscar podcast, anyway. So post-Oscars, most likely.

Bump

It's been a long time since MoFo has done a Movie of the Month and we have a lot of new people so the time is right

It's a new month and anyone who wants to do this for March is welcomed to pick the movie and host it! Even if you just joined you are welcomed to host your own MotM! It's easy to do.

Just read the 1st post, for how this works. It's fun, so don't be shy We need a brave volunteer to host for March

I'd like to thank you again Citizen for trying to keep this alive! However... it seems like there is little interest.

Don't worry, this is still happening! Losing Brendan slowed things down, since we had a nice routine going there, and the first person I asked to fill-in was unable. But the delay has had just as much to do with all the new stuff launched here recently: a lot of it's been in the pipeline for awhile, and I didn't want any distractions while trying to get it out the door.

Now that most of it's done, I do want to do more of these, so I'll put some more invites out, and if I can't nail anyone down, maybe Slappy and I can just do one about Magnolia or something.

Don't worry, this is still happening! Losing Brendan slowed things down, since we had a nice routine going there, and the first person I asked to fill-in was unable. But the delay has had just as much to do with all the new stuff launched here recently: a lot of it's been in the pipeline for awhile, and I didn't want any distractions while trying to get it out the door.

Now that most of it's done, I do want to do more of these, so I'll put some more invites out, and if I can't nail anyone down, maybe Slappy and I can just do one about Magnolia or something.
Haven't seen Magnolia yet so I'd be up for trying to watch that one!

I'd like to thank you again Citizen for trying to keep this alive! However... it seems like there is little interest.
Thanks False Writer, I've tried.

I don't think False Writer means the podcast aren't going on, he means no one is coming forward and saying, I'll be the Movie of the Month host and my movie is....

Yoda, I know you've been good for doing the podcast for us, it's much appreciated. But we also need MoFo's to volunteer each month. The whole idea of the MotM was that any MoFo could participate by picking a movie, making the thread for the month and being the host. I've tried to encourage this idea, which was originally False Writer's creation...I hope with all the new people some one will come forward. We had fun in the past doing this.

A few thoughts:

1. In case anyone is frightened off by the actual procedure, they should know that it's very simple: it could easily take as little as 5 minutes (msg Citizen, select movie, create thread). In that vein I'll offer to do the legwork for anyone that's interested in selecting a movie for the MotM. I'd prefer if you also were willing to do a short write up about why you selected the film, but it's not mandatory.

2. If anyone is a bit shy about sharing their selection because it's personal and special to them and they'd rather not be embarrassed if people don't like the film, feel free to PM me and I'll set it up with the selector as anonymous. With the option of revealing yourself later at your discretion. Also you are free to pass messages through me in the thread if you'd like to contribute but also retain anonymity.

3. The podcast/MotM connection has been a marriage of convenience up to this point (at least during my short tenure). So while it's pretty cool to do a podcast for the MotM, neither is dependent on the other. So no pressure on podcasts for MotMs; likewise no pressure on MotMs for podcasts.

4. Seriously, somehow we've got to get something to bump True Stories off sticky.

A few thoughts:

1. In case anyone is frightened off by the actual procedure, they should know that it's very simple: it could easily take as little as 5 minutes (msg Citizen, select movie, create thread). In that vein I'll offer to do the legwork for anyone that's interested in selecting a movie for the MotM. I'd prefer if you also were willing to do a short write up about why you selected the film, but it's not mandatory.

2. If anyone is a bit shy about sharing their selection because it's personal and special to them and they'd rather not be embarrassed if people don't like the film, feel free to PM me and I'll set it up with the selector as anonymous. With the option of revealing yourself later at your discretion. Also you are free to pass messages through me in the thread if you'd like to contribute but also retain anonymity.

3. The podcast/MotM connection has been a marriage of convenience up to this point (at least during my short tenure). So while it's pretty cool to do a podcast for the MotM, neither is dependent on the other. So no pressure on podcasts for MotMs; likewise no pressure on MotMs for podcasts.

4. Seriously, somehow we've got to get something to bump True Stories off sticky.
Speaking of being shy and stuff, if you guys don't have a third person I may try to join you guys on the podcast. I'm just kinda nervous since I've never done one before and I'm afraid that I'll suck and drag it down. Hopefully I can be able to get my hands on the movie in time as well.

@Yoda @False Writer @Slappydavis

False Writer, that would be very cool if you did a podcast with Yoda and Slappy. You know what else might spark interest? A floating third person spot on the podcast. Each time a new person would guess appear on the podcast. That might get more MoFos involved. What do you guys think of that?

Oh and forgot to say earlier that Magnolia would be a great MotM

Just want to give a heads up that Movie of the Month WILL be returning! Expect some more news very soon!