Did Forrest Gump and his son both have AIDS??

Tools    

We did an episode of my hospital soap drama, Southwest General, recently where a man named Forrest, and his son, Forrest Junior, were in the hospital together, dying from AIDS. I think our cute, sneaky writers were trying to reference Forrest Gump.

Great episode, too. I won an Emmy. I saved them from death and made their viral counts undetectable. I practically cured them.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I may be remembering wrong but I thought Jenny got AIDS after she slept with Forrest. Forrest hadn't seen her in a few years cause she left him and he sought out to find her, and found out he had a son. But I thought maybe she had gotten AIDS somewhere after the fact, unless I am wrong.

My understanding of the subject is it's very rare for HIV to be spread from a woman to a man. Forrest would likely need a secondary disease like herpes for the transfer to be even possible.

We sort of spread the lie 30 years ago that anyone could get AIDS/HIV. Really the spread occurs through gay sex, needles, birth, and if your female sleeping with a man who has contracted the disease.

As for his son, I don't know how many children would live untreated to 6 years old in the early 80's.